Chapter 1

My sister IS NOT a nice girl. Everybody knows that.  Except for her fiancé , Samuel Richardson. He thinks that she is an angel on earth. He worships the ground that she walks on. He opens the door for her everywhere they go. He sends her sweet texts throughout the day. He does anything and everything that she wants. Sometimes I look at them and I envy what they have, but then I realize that it's all fake because Brittany, my sister, is just having sex with all kinds of guys behind his back.....

        You see, Samuel, IS a nice guy. And he told Brittany that he wanted to wait until after they were married to have sex. Of course, Brittany told Samuel that she would wait. But, she is a liar. After two years of them being together, and Samuel still believing all of her lies, he asked her to marry him. She said yes.

       That brings us to present day. I'm at their engagement party right now. Brittany is five years older than me. I'm twenty years old. Samuel is twenty-three. He is three years older than me and two years younger than Brittany. They met through mutual friends from what Brittany told me. I just recently graduated with my associate of arts degree in nursing. I landed my first big girl job last week at Memorial Hospital of Hammett. Hammett is a small town in Georgia that I was born and raised in and, currently, still reside in.

      My mom is in charge of this engagement party. I'm sitting on the love seat in my parents living room, sipping on some fruit punch, trying to avoid all of these people. I sure do hope that Brittany decides to change her deceitful ways once they get married...

     There are so many red heart shaped balloons all over the place thanks to my moms doing. I can't help but roll my eyes and shake my head. This is so ridiculous. I should just tell Samuel about all the dirty things that Brittany has done behind his back, but he wouldn't believe me. He thinks that Brittany can do no wrong. She is his perfect little angel. It's sickening.

       I sigh and get up off the love seat. I make my way towards the dining room where Samuel and Brittany are standing beside each other. Everybody is looking at them. It looks as if Samuel is about to make a speech. I lean against the wall and look at them, as well. Let's see what he has to say. He's probably going to make a speech about how amazing and beautiful my sister is with her long black hair, piercing green eyes, and perfect figure.

"Thank you all so much for coming to celebrate our engagement with us. " He grins and looks down at my sister who is grinning right back at him.

I think that I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

"We have something that we want to tell all of you." He continues to grin, but I notice a slight change in his demeanor.

Everybody smiles and encourages him to go on, while I'm just standing there waiting for this to be over.

He gulps before speaking. "I will be leaving for Afghanistan tomorrow."

My eyes widen as he says this.

Samuel is in the Army. He has been in the Army ever since he was eighteen years old. This will be the first time that he has ever been shipped off. I know because I've heard him talking to my sister before about all of this stuff while she was painting her toe nails in the kitchen one time when I was cooking dinner for our mom and dad. I still live with our parents at the moment, but I won't be for much longer. Brittany still lives here, as well, even though she is twenty five. She works a desk job at the airport.

Everybody gets up to go give Samuel a hug and to wish him luck. I duck back and head upstairs to my room.

 I duck back and head upstairs to my room