Chapter 3

Later that day, I hear the front door slam, loudly, as I'm making my way down the stairs. I look up and I see Brittany....with a guy. I've never seen this guy before in my life. Didn't she just send her fiancé off to Afghanistan literally just a few hours ago? Who is this chump? And to add the cherry on top, her and this blonde headed blue eyed chump are holding hands. The ultimate question is: Do I go back upstairs or do I continue making my way downstairs to go to the kitchen to get some Oreos?

I'm going to get those Oreos.

I walk past them as they sit on the very love seat that Brittany and her fiancé were just sitting on a few hours earlier....

Mom and dad left about 10 minutes ago to go grocery shopping. They always go grocery shopping together. Brittany must have been texting mom and mom must have told her where they were at. Brittany would never bring a guy here if mom and dad were home. The parentals would freak out if they knew all the things that Brittany has done.....

Brittany doesn't care if I'm here to witness all of her betrayal. She knows that they would never believe me. They never do when it comes to their perfect little angel Brittany. Therefore, I gave up trying. I just let Brittany do whatever she wants and I ignore it. Brittany Walker is going to do what she wants no matter what I say. My opinion is invalid to her. Trust me, I've tried talking to her before. She doesn't care. If she wants to ruin her life and the lives of others around her who am I to stop her?

With that being said, that doesn't stop me from feeling bad for her unlucky fiancé who has no clue whatsoever. He thinks that his perfectly innocent Brittany is going to be at home patiently waiting for him to come back from the war. When in actual reality she is going to be flirting up a storm and jumping the bones of random guys like this blonde haired blue eyed chump.

I sigh, pour myself a glass of milk, and grab the Oreos. As I'm making my way back to the stairs to get to my room, I witness Brittany and this chump playing tonsil hockey. I walk faster after that. When I get to my room, I close my door behind me and I lock it. I don't want any unwanted visitors. I sit down on my bed and turn Netflix on. I need to escape from reality even if just for a few hours. I turn on a binge-worthy show and I begin to dunk my Oreos in my milk. Oh yes, this is a good remedy to forget about my cheating sister downstairs.

Sadly, it only makes me forget for a little while. When it's time for me to go to bed, I can't stop thinking about how much Samuel loves Brittany and how hurt he would be if he knew.....

Sometimes I wonder why I care so much.