Chapter 73

"I think we should go back." Stephanie announces from the back seat when we are halfway back to the apartment.

                "Why in the world would we do that?" Samuel turns around and glares at my best friend. Stephanie narrows her eyes at Samuel and then shakes her head at him. "Because!!! There is no telling what else she was going to tell us, but then y'all decided to leave as soon as it was getting good!!!" She exclaims. Maybe I'm just hearing things, but I think she just stomped her feet in the back seat.

             "We are already almost back to the apartment, there really is no point...." I trail off as I look into my rear view mirror and I see Stephanie with her arms across her chest and an icy cold stare on her face that is directed towards me. "You can't be serious, Stephanie?" I ask her. She's got to be joking me.

              " I am very serious. It's not every day that the infamous Brittany Walker decides to spill the beans." She tells us. I sigh, heavily, and look over at Samuel to catch him already looking at me. We both know she is right, but we don't want to admit it. "I can't just turn around and go back." I tell her. That would be crazy.

               "Yes you can and you will!" Stephanie points her thumb for me to turn around. I groan and turn the vehicle around. I guess here goes nothing. There is no telling what we are all about to get ourselves into, but Stephanie is right....it's not everyday that the infamous Brittany Walker spills the beans.

                 "You go girl!!! Here we go!!!" Stephanie grins. Samuel takes a deep breath. He looks like he wants to be anywhere else but here. "Are you okay, Samuel?" I ask. He looks up at me. "No! I'm not okay." He snaps. My heart lurches out of my chest. Why is he being so hostile towards ME? "Calm down, Romeo!" Stephanie scolds him from the back seat.

                 When we arrive back at my childhood home Stephanie is the one to ring the door bell first with Samuel and I trailing along behind her.