Chapter 76

"I can't believe I convinced ya'll to go back into that rat trap." Stephanie says after we have been driving for about ten minutes. I sigh, heavily. Samuel shakes his head. "I'm glad we went back because it helped me to come to terms with what all I have been through." I look over at him. He looks deep in thought. "How so?" I ask him. I am genuinely interested. "There is a light at the end of every tunnel." Samuel looks at me. "That was deep, Samuel. Yet, so very true." He gives me a small smile.

"I'm sorry for everything that I put you through, Karrington. You didn't deserve it. I don't deserve your forgiveness." He looks away from me to look out the car window. He doesn't give me time to speak before he starts talking again. "I don't deserve you, Karrington." He tells me. His voice is thick.

Stephanie stays quiet in the backseat. I don't know what to say, but I know how I feel. "Samuel, I love you. That's all that matters. We are all flawed." I reach out my hand to touch his hand. He turns to look at me. "Are you sure you even still want to be with me after all that I have put you through?" He asks. He sounds so vulnerable.

"Samuel, there is nothing else in the world that I am more sure of than the fact that I want to be with you." I tell him.