Chapter 63

I can't help myself. I burst out laughing. "Are you kidding me right now?!" I ask in between my bursts of laughter. This isn't a good kind of laughter, but I can't seem to make it stop. I place my hand against my chest. Samuel is staring at me like I'm crazy. I probably am, but I don't care.

I take a deep breath to calm myself down. He did not answer my question. "You have got to be kidding me, Samuel." I tell him. He shakes his head and starts to wheel himself closer towards me. I put my hand up for him to stop. He stops dead in his tracks. He has the audacity to look hurt. That serves him right after all the pain and heartache that he has put me through.

"Karrington, don't put up these walls." He pleads. "You are the one who built these walls, Samuel." I tell him. My voice cracks at the end when I say his name. He looks away from me then. "I think that it would be best if you would just leave, Samuel." I whisper.

He looks up at me. His eyes are like hard rocks. It looks like he's put his own walls up now. "You aren't even going to talk to me?" He asks. "There isn't anything to talk about. It is what it is." I tell him. He starts wheeling towards the door. I open the door for him and move out of the way. He doesn't say anything as he leaves and neither do I. It looks like I made him feel the way that he has been making me feel for way too long. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.