Chapter 64

"Did that really just happen right before my eyes?" Stephanie asks. She startles me. I place my hand against my chest. "Have you been there the whole entire time?!" I ask. I feel like a toddler who wants to stomp their feet and throw themselves on the floor. My emotions are all over the place. "Yes. I saw everything." She rubs her eyes and yawns. I sigh. "Well?" She asks. "Well, what?" I ask her back. She rolls her eyes and walks past me. She opens the door to our apartment. "Go after him, you crazy animal." She tells me simply.

I groan and run out the front door of our apartment. We live on the first floor. He isn't in the building anymore. I run outside of the apartment building. I spot him immediately. His back is facing towards me. He looks like he is just sitting there waiting for a ride.

I, slowly, walk towards him until I'm standing directly in front of him. He looks up at me in shock. "Karrington? What do you want?" He asks. He sounds defeated. I don't blame him. I feel defeated too. "Honestly? I have no idea, Samuel, and that scares me." I admit to him. He gulps and looks away from me. Those walls that he put up around me when I first started taking care of him are up again. I take a step closer towards him. Part of me just wants to sit in his lap and let him wrap his arms around me, but I can't do that. Can I ?

I take a deep breath. "Can we talk somewhere more private?" I ask. He still isn't looking at me. There aren't many people outside. Thank goodness. I can feel the heat of the sun hitting against my back. And, of course, I'm still in the clothes I slept in looking like an absolute fool. "I thought that you didn't want to talk." He snaps at me. "I changed my mind." I snap back. His eyes flash over to me. He looks so angry. I notice his eyes sweep over my body. I'm very aware of my lack of clothing at the moment. "Fine." He huffs. "Where would you like to talk in private?" He asks. I gulp. "We can go talk in my bedroom in the apartment. Stephanie is home, but she won't bother us." I tell him.

I start walking back inside of the apartment building. I can hear him rolling in his wheel chair behind me. Stephanie is no where in sight when we get back to the apartment. I close the front door and lock it. I lead him to my bedroom in complete and utter silence.

I let him go inside of my bedroom first and then I walk in. I close the door behind me. I lock it, as well. I don't want Stephanie to walk in on our conversation. Although, I can't stop her from putting her ear against the door.

"We are in private now." He announces. I sigh and walk over to my bed. I land face down on to my bed and groan loudly in frustration. When I pick my head up to look at Samuel he is looking at me with a quizzical look on his face. "I love you too." I tell him. I'm tired of holding it all in. It's physically hurting me.

             He starts to move closer towards me. I put my hand up for him to stop. He freezes. I get up off of the bed and walk towards him. He is watching my every move ,intently. I keep his gaze as I, slowly, sit down on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his body tense underneath me as if he is in shock. As for me, I feel like I'm finally home.