52

*GRACIE'S POV*
"Hey again," Someone said from the doorway. I glanced over, not even hearing anyone there. I must have fell asleep for a while because Lexi was asleep too. The girl from the waiting room was stood by the door, how long was she stood there?

"Um hi," I said and adjusted my position so I was sat up, was she watching Lexi and I sleep? That's kind of creepy. "Who are you?"

"Steph," The girl replied, as she took a couple of steps towards the bed. I didn't recognise her name but she felt so familiar. I couldn't get out because Lexi was lying on me and I didn't want to wake her. But it was too late because I felt Lexi move then sit up beside me.

"Oh my god, is that really you?" She exclaimed before getting out of the bed and running over to the girl. Their arms stretched around each other as they were enveloped in a hug. I still had no idea who this girl actually was so I probably looked so confused. 

"Hey-y," The girl-Steph laughed with a joyful expression, "I've missed you so much Lexi," I jumped up from the bed and joined them.

Then it clicked, Steph is Lexi's best friend from London. "Wait you're Steph?" Lexi's best friend? The one that was on the phone with Lexi when I walked into her house to surprise her? I probably looked so stupid running out of her bedroom the way I did.

"Guilty," She replied after they dethatched from the hug. Lexi made her way back to me and put her arm around my waist.

"Steph this is Gracie," Lexi introduced me to her, although apparently she already knew my name.

"So you're not actually sisters?" Steph asked, jokingly.

"No," I let out a soft laugh. When I looked over at Lexi, she had a smirk on her face, but it disappeared pretty quickly.

"So that's why you were allowed in," Lexi stated. I nodded and watched as a grin appeared on her face. She had used the same excuse for when Caleb was in the hospital.

"Okay so let's go," Steph said to Lexi, "I want to see your pool,"

"You do realise that I'm here for another seventy-two hours under full supervision," Lexi replied, her voice slightly sarcastic but also deadly serious. I knew the consequences would have been bad, but that sounded dangerously serious. I could tell that she wasn't one hundred percent glad that she was still here. There was still a part of her that wishes she never woke up, and that made me worried that she'd try it again.

"Oh man," Steph groaned but by the look on her face you could tell she felt bad for Lexi. "I guess I'll just stay in a motel then," She muttered to herself.

She seemed nice and she clearly loved Lexi a lot but my next words still came as a shock to me, "You can always stay with me?" I never invited strangers into my house, but I guess she wasn't really a stranger, she was Lexi's best friend. "I have a spare room, Lexi was staying in there but when she gets out she can just stay in my room," I explained and Lexi nodded in agreement.

"Okay sure, thanks Gracie," Steph replied then smiled at me, but then turned back to Lexi, "but why aren't you living at your own house?"

"Oh dude," Lexi said, "it's a long ass story," I wanted to give them time to reconnect with each other so I excused myself by saying that I would go and get coffee for all of us. I really needed some caffeine, my body was dying without it.

"Okay," Lexi grinned, "can you get me a coffee?" I couldn't say no to her, so I nodded then asked Steph if she wanted one as well. She asked if I could get her a cup of tea instead and I nodded.

"Thanks," Steph smiled as I stood up and walked towards the door.

"It's no problem, really," I smiled before I started to walk towards the hospital cafeteria. There was a long queue so I decided to call Caleb and let him know how Lexi was doing.