ᴠᴇɴᴛɪ Qᴜᴀᴛᴛʀᴏ - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

Sometimes you have to endure pain and evil, to accomplish it. ~ Unknown.

Valentinia:

Past (3 years ago).

A distant beeping sound awoke me from my slumber. The material beneath me was delectable, it was like I was laying upon a cloud. However, as I came around I noticed that I wasn't in a room that I was familiar with.

It was grey, not quite white, but what should I expect when I am in a house with nothing but darkness. White doesn't exist in his world, there is nothing pure, nothing innocent, and nothing angelic. I am pretty positive that he doesn't even know what good is. He's too far gone for that.

Speaking of him, I wonder where he is? Can he not face up to what evil he has done this time? He's such a coward. It's pitiful. I wonder how many other women he has 'branded'?

Now I am going to have to wear his name for the rest of my life, even if people don't know what it means. I will always know what it defines as, that I belong to him. It will always be there to remind me of one of the darkest chapters of my life.

I will never be able to forget him or what he has done to me. No matter how much I try to forget him, his name will always be there to aware me of him. That's why he did it, not only to prove to me and everybody else that I belong to him, but to make sure that I will never forget him.

"Valentinia, thank God that you have awoken and that you are okay. Why were you so stupid? You should have told me that you felt unwell, you have a slight fever and an infection. But, you will be okay. Why didn't you tell me that you were sick? You could have died! Cara, you need to tell me or Valentin if you ever feel that way again. The Doctor said that you should be feeling better by tomorrow." Edna scolded, in a motherly tone.

Was she worried about me? She's not even known me long enough to care.

What? Does she think that an 'illness' caused this? Is that what he told her? I can't believe he lied to her, the only person that cares for him. That has stuck by him through everything, I can't believe that he dared to lie straight to her face. I'm not even surprised, he is a liar after all. And let's not forget, he is manipulative and a coward as well. He did this to me, he caused me to have an infection because he didn't even clean or sterilize my wound after he had illustrated it.

Edna has a right to know the truth, but it's not my place to tell her. I can't ruin the only good thing he has in his life, the only person who cares so much about him that she will do anything for him. That insists that there is still some hope left for him, that he still has a heart buried beneath the black hollow occupying his chest. I can't ruin their relationship, I'm not cruel, unlike him.

He doesn't deserve Edna, but by the looks of it he's the only person she has got now. And you can see just how much she loves him, like her son. The son she never got to have, I'm not going to destroy the only happiness that she has got left in her life.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was that serious. I thought it was only a cold and I would be fine if I slept it off. I'm sorry for worrying you." I lied, smoothly.

"Oh, Cara it wasn't only me that you had worried. You should have seen Valentin, he was bellowing at everyone. Especially that poor Dr. Russo, he was petrified, rushing to make sure that you were okay." Edna stated, her hands widely moving around in the air. Demonstrating her seriousness.

"What? No, he doesn't care about me. He did this too- Erm, he caused me to get unwell, due to the high amount of stress I have been enduring because of him." I corrected myself, quickly.