ᴛʀᴇɴᴛᴀꜱᴇᴛᴛᴇ - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

She wasn't sad anymore, she was numb, and she knew somehow, that was worse. ~ Atticus

Valentinia:

Past (3 years ago).

Exiting the steam-filled bathroom, I walked quietly over to the closet and I instantaneously threw some clothes on. Even though I wasn't going to let this ruin me, I was still panicked. I mean what was he going to do when he woke up?

I could still feel my hands trembling slightly, and my heart was still beating at a rushed pace. Carefully, I stepped outside of the closet, taking small steps as it hurt to walk. He was very rough, he couldn't even take into consideration that it was my first time. He didn't even dare to respect that.

He was still sprawled out across the bed, exactly where I had left him. Facedown. I don't even know how long he is going to be unconscious for.

I could have escaped him, but I knew better than to do so. He would track me down as soon as he awoke, and he would have assumed that I was weak because I ran. But, I was going to stay, for now and plan my escape. Calculatedly and manipulatively. Also, I knew better than to think that I could go far with my injuries, it would be foolish of me to do so.

I stood there and stared at him, he was so peaceful right now. He was now the vulnerable one. I could do anything to him, kill him, hurt him, but I wasn't going to sink to his level. I was going to show him that he didn't succeed. That he hadn't broken me as he had hoped for.

Sitting in the armchair that was situated in the corner of the room, I examined my stab wound. The stitches were jagged, but they seemed to be doing their job. It was slightly red, but it wasn't inflamed, so that was a good sign.

Acer. I remembered. I wonder if they have moved his body?

My heart was swelled with dread, as I remembered that he was dead. And the worst part was that I couldn't do anything to help him. I was supposed to find a way to get him out of this place, but I even failed to do that.

Standing up, I lightly limped over to the doors. Opening one, I continued to move along the corridor and down the stairs.

I need to go back to the theatre room where my life was entwined with his. Coming across the same grand double set of doors, I sucked in a deep breath of air and pushed one of them open.

It was spotless. There was nobody in sight, including Acer's and there was not a trace of blood in sight either. Everything was clean, sterilised and polished to perfection. It was as if nothing had taken place, as if the whole incident was a dream.

If you walked in here now, you wouldn't even be aware that a wedding had taken place less than two hours ago. It shocked me. He must have a full team of men that cleanse everything for him. No wonder he gets away with so many crimes, especially murder.

I want to know where Acer is. He deserves a proper memorial, but I knew that it wouldn't happen. He wouldn't get any of that, he would just be tossed aside as if he was nothing. He may have been nothing to everybody else, but he was something to me. Somebody special.

His family don't even know where he is, and I have a feeling that they never will. They will never get to say goodbye and that is my fault. I can't be friends with anyone without them getting hurt because he gets so jealous.

Realising that I have no reason to be here now as Acer wasn't here, I turned on my heel and left the room.

My stomach grumbles, loudly.