ᴛʀᴇɴᴛᴀ Qᴜᴀᴛᴛʀᴏ - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

You don't love her. You just don't want to be alone. Or, or maybe she is just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she makes you feel better about your miserable and lonely life, but you don't love her. Because you don't destroy the people you love. But, maybe you do love her, but you didn't realise that you were corrupting and destroying her in the process of your twisted obsession. ~ Unknown.

Valentinia:

Past (3 years ago).

"We will now begin." The Vicar stated, his hands clasped together before him.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as a lover, companion, guide and friend.

A good and authoritative relationship, in one which the wife is overpowered and absorbed by the husband, one in which the husband is possessive of his wife, one in which they both demonstrate their love freely and in which the wife is obedient to her husband. Marriage, ideally, is where the husband is always superior to his wife and holds dominance over her." He began, but I was utterly disgusted and astonished by what he stated.

These principles must be inaccurate, I have never heard any marriages like what this Vicar is reading back to us. It is so derogative and prejudices. I mean what marriage includes the lines, 'the husband is always superior to his wife'? This is ridiculous, bordering on the lines of barbaric. How sexist of him? What happened to equality?

I mean I am not big feminism, but there are standards. Women should be treated equal to men, that's how it should be. I thought this world was maturing, but I guess Mr Morelli's world is not. I wonder if all the men involved in the Mafia treat their partner's this way?

"Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honour and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?" He continued, his expression stoic.

I scoffed lightly, ensuring that it wasn't loud enough to attract the attention of the unwanted guests. Why would I in the right mind encourage him or care for him at all? He doesn't need any more encouragement, he's already plaguing the world with his exploitation.

The Vicar looked between us waiting for our response. Mr Morelli toughened his grip around my waist, silently warning me not to humiliate him in front of the guests.

"We do." Mr Morelli stated, answering for both of us, whilst I stood there like a statue. My stance was stiff and closed off. Whereas, his was more relaxed and his foot was tapping upon the floor, in I think was described as impatience.

"Do you pledge to share your love and the joys of your marriage with all those around you, so that they may learn from your love and be encouraged to grow in their own lives?" The vicar continued, appearing completely oblivious to my unwillingness.

Ha, our marriage will not be a good influence on people who want to be happy and in love. There won't be any joys, just misery. And I don't know about anybody else, but would you be inspired and encouraged by our marriage? If I were you I would be running in the opposite direction because I know myself that this marriage is a disaster waiting to happen.

"We do." Mr Morelli once again replied it was like I was invisible at my marriage. There was no point in complaining, it wouldn't change anything.