I Got Accepted!!!!!

***Qur'an***

All my life I thought of my future. I was just that type of girl. I wanted to become an Architect and make myself that money. The first time I thought if it I was 16 and I randomly got bored and started drawing my dream house. Everyone I showed was thrown off by my unknown skills I never knew I had. I still have the blue print till this day. I have an uncle who lived in North Carolina whom I hardly ever see. So at the age of 16, I decided to shoot for North Carolina State University. As a teenager I was always into college. I basically planned my whole life. Luckily as a teen I never really had a boyfriend. So I was never on the wrong track. I kept going with what I had planned. I was originally suppose to go to college with my best friend Tay. But I became more focused on the future that my rail road track stirred off in a different direction. I knew what I wanted to go to college for so my options were limited. She didn't at the time. She wanted to stay close to family in St. Louis while I wanted to get away from sucky ass St. Louis as far as I could. Don't get me wrong I love my city, but hardly ever leaving it and being raised in a low income(aka BROKE ASS) family, I just needed some time to, once again, step outside the box. I like change. I've always had my ideal version of me in the future in my head. And I wasn't going to improvise for nothing.

The day I got that letter in the mail along with other colleges that I had been accepted to NCSU. I literally FREAKED. I ran all the way down the street( 8 blocks) to Tay's house just to show her. Yes, I was tired but sophomore year, being in track, played off. I loved running.

"Tay LOOK!!!!" I shoved it in her face.

"Dammit Annie I SEE!" she looked irritated from me freaking out but then continued, "Congratulations, you're leaving without me."

I know what you're thinking. 'I thought your name was Qur'an?' Yeah it is but since its SO freaking hard to pronounce.

***flashback***

Teacher Cur'uen?

Me- Qur'an

* * * *

Teacher- Karen?

Me-Qur'an

* * * *

Teacher- Caroline?

Me-QUR'AN!!!!!!!

***************

Gosh! It's pronounced KUR-ON! You guys are supposed to be teachers! Where's your history? Hellooo? The Muslim book of Qur'an? -_- dumb asses.

But anyways ever since me and Tay became best friends, she gave me the nickname Annie. And if you're wondering, well it comes from my middle name, Anne.

"Oh Tay. Don't act like that. We're still going to be in contact. Remember, you said that you're going to call me everyday!" I tried to comfort her but it didn't work.

She just crossed her arms, " Whatever. I'm happy for you. Honest."  She walked upstairs to her room.

"Tay... TAY!" I knew she was hurt and that's the only reason she's acting like she doesn't care. I DO know that she does. Inside she truly is and I know because since Sophomore year we've been planning college. And we're practically exactly alike. Only difference between us is I'm a tomboy, and she's the one with all the boyfriends. My last boyfriend was in 7th grade.

All I could do was give her some time to realise that we'll be going our separate ways soon. So these last two months are it until next summer. Every break, except summer, I'll be spending the lost time I had missing my uncle WITH my uncle. I haven't seen this man in 9 years because he's so far away. She'll be in college in Illinois and going back home for the holidays. This summer also has to be special because it's going on 10 years since me and Tay first met.

She saved me from a lot of bullshit back then when I was a church mouse. I got bullied and until we actually got to know each other in 7th grade, she would stand up for me. She was my protector. Then she taught me that I couldn't let people run over me.

8th grade I started speaking to people and stood up for myself. Freshman year I was a clown and everybody loved me. I was in a little drama but no fights. Sophomore year I was the friend avoiding all drama and fake bitches. I kept my circle small and Tay was my number one still. Junior year and I'm a bitch to everyone. I was quiet but social with a dry ass attitude. I didn't need friends because I only had a few I cared about and that was all I needed. Better yet I still walked around the halls and all you hear is "Hey Annie!; What's up Annie!; Anniiieeee, my nigga!" even from the white people. We were all cool like that. Senior year and I'm not even in a lick of drama. I was too obsessed with my future, as always. I was better of a person to fuck my opportunities away. She basically created me in middle school and just let me find myself in high school. I thank her for that. I will ALWAYS need her. She's my everything. Probably the reason I lasted all this time without love. Well what do you know?

Friendship can be powerful.