Coming Home

"How does it feel knowing that this whole gang is yours now Miss Quran?" Some major connection Euro was teamed up with said. Since I was this "new Boss" I decided to talk with everyone. All my "links", all my workers. I had to tell everyone how I was running this. I had to study who my enemies were and why they were my enemies. It all didn't matter to me really. I tried to tell them I'd only need them when I need help because I was already backed up in some Mafia shit but they said that wasn't how it worked. I couldn't leave until I had it all figured out because anything could happen. I wanted to see my baby Gabriel so bad and I know everyone is worried sick. I just texted my mom I was okay and to send Gabriel back with George when it was time to leave. I know I know I'm bad but... I couldn't leave. Someone had to take over. It was complicated. They told me bad things could happen if no one took over.

"I told you you can have it all. I need to see my son." I tried to explain.
"And once you learn how to manage this all you will be able to see him. You could send your boys Marco and Vincelli to fetch him but.... you're not ready to tell your family...your words not mine." The man said. His name was Boron and he was a wise white older man. He was cool.
"It'd only be Gabriel's father and his family. I can't tell my own family. They don't know anything. " I said. I was tired.

"Tell Gabriel's father.... you're going on a trip. Tell them you'll be gone for 2 weeks. Tell them... no questions asked."
"Okay."
*************2 weeks later *****
I was excited because I got to go home in France and see Gabriel. I've been video chatting them and we've talked on the phone. I was on my jet with Marco. We've gotten so close. Close like me and Gio close...
"You think George understands?" Marco said.
"Pretty sure he does. I told him it was a family thing on my dads side."
"What does he think of me?" He asked.
"I told him you we're my friend and you live in a nearby house. Vincello is moving in with you but later."
We sat across from each other in silence. I was staring out of the window.
"I just hope he misses Mr as much as I miss him." I whispered. Soon enough I dozed off.
"Boss, we're here Boss."
"Eha?" I woke up in a bed. It was a room in the back of the jet but , "I don't recall falling asleep here."
"Yeah, yeah I carried you to bed. I didn't want your neck to be hurting when you wake up." Marco said.
"Thank you Marco. "
"No problem. Now breakfast is in there ready for you when you're ready Boss." Marco left out the room. I decided to take a shower and freshen up.
********1 shower later*******
"Boss you ready?" Marco yelled from the room.
I was starting at the mirror at myself. How'd the he'll I get here? Like what will Georgio think of me? We break up and leave for two weeks? He was right.... I'm NOT the girl he first fell in love with. Whats wrong with me gosh?!
"Boss are you okay?"
Hearing those words and wanting to say, 'No I'm not okay,' made tears roll down my eyes. You couldn't hear me cry but if you we're staring at me....yes I was...I was hurt and I couldn't blame anyone but myself.
"Y-yes Marco... I'll be out in a sec."
Marco walked out the room. I sniffed a couple of times and finally walked out the bathroom.

What am I gonna wear though?

It felt like the first time I met George's family all over again.
I looked in my bag of clothes and took out my favorite striped t shirt dress with my red bottom Dior heels because I have it like that now. The I topped it off with a black fedora and red lipstick.
"Wow...you look...flawless, Boss."
"Thanks Marco." I said as I walked off the jet. A black escapade was waiting for me and someone put my bags in the back. We drove from the air line and into the city.
Butterflies grew in my stomach the closet we got to town. Everything started to become familiar as the house was just behind the neighborhood we we're in.
"Nervous?" My driver said.
"Yeah...no..........yes." I tilt my head in shame. I feel like a crack mother coming out of rehab yo get her kids. Why? I just don't know.
"Give me 3 minutes and we'll be at the gate." He said.
"Okay."
"You know George really missed you....tesoro..... he wouldn't stop talking about you and he tried his best to get his mind off of you...."
"Oh..." I had a knot in my throat.
"I know you guts are...separated but... I just think you guys should keep that behind you and just love each other. Love only comes once in a lifetime and you already have a child together... why risk it all for a stupid argument? "
"But how do you know --"
"He cried for you. Gio would walk past his door and hear him sniffing and whenever we knocked on his door his face would be red. He doesn't talk much and he's a big mess. I can tell you miss him too. Your eyes are red. You're not cry but they're red. When you have all the time in the world to study people daily you learn things. You two are soul mates and Gabriel needs you both. You both need to realise what's important before it's gone.....trust me... I been there and back."
By this time tears were running down my face and I couldn't wait to get in that house.
"You had a family?"
"Dealing with this business yeah. And that's why you and George needveach other. One day George may leave and never come back.. same for you. You're both in this together so his enemies are yours. Vice versa..."
"What was she like?"
"What we're THEY like," he corrected me. "HER name was Mariana. And I loved her to the moon and back. Then my daughter.... Maria. They we're the center of my life. My peace. My everything."
He was staring off in space while parked at the gate. He hadn't rung the bell yet.
"How'd i--"
"They we're taken hostel...two years ago... but I don't know where.. I just hope they passer peacefully."
"Well you can't say that. They could still be alive for heavens sake."
"That was TWO years ago. Its done and over with." I touched his shoulder, "Whats your name?"
"Christiano."
"Christiano.... you have to be positive.... and positive outcomes with come upon..."
He pressed the bell to let us in and he drove to the front.
As the car stopped I took a deep breath. I walked out the truck and onto the porch.
When I opened the door no one was in the foyer. I walked further into the house and up the stairs heading towards my room.
"You know you could've told me you we're leaving before you did." I turned around and there was Tay standing at her doorway.
"Tay, I."
"Yeah. You we're wrong. But... I missed you."
"Same. Umm... where's --"
"He's in the room sleeping."
She closed her door as I turned around towards mine. I slowly opened it and saw the lovely zachary colored crib I picked out for my little sunshine.
I walked towards the crib and saw him there sleeping safe and sound. I took my hat off, and smiled as I picked him up.
"Mommy missed you." I whispered whiled kissing his forehead. "Mommy missed you a lot."
"I'm glad he doesn't understand what's going in right now."
I turned around and just like the first time I saw him.... my heart jumped. It ached dearly and a wave of relief totalled my body. He looked like home....and home is where the heart is. I felt like crying because this all was once upon a time a fairy tale. A fairy tale I'd ever dream to be.
I covered my mouth because the outburst of excitement almost took over me...but my dear son was in my arms.
"God I missed you." I pressed out. I sniffed.
He was breathing as if he couldn't decide whether to cry on...
"Tesoro..." he hesitated more, "Tesoro I can't- I can't feel right now."
I placed Gabriel back in his bed. "You what?"
"I missed you... but I can't show you my sympathy right now. You lied to me."
"Georgio, what are you talking about?"
"It wasn't a Dad situation. I know where you we're. You we're with Euro....weren't you?"
"Well....he kidnapped me and then i--"
"And then what? What have Euro got to do with you?"
"Well definately Wesley. WHERE is he anyways?"
"Out with Gio. But what we're you doing with him?"
I sighed.... "George....George I killed him." I began to cry, "I fucking killed him... he wanted me to rat you out... then kill me... but I couldn't let that happen George. I couldn't let that happen."
George sighed in relief. Like he was expecting something else or like he thought I'd lie but he already knew the truth. I walked over and hugged me tight.
"I love you." He spoke in my hair.
"I love you too George."
We rocked back and forth and then it hit me..... he didn't say anything about Euro 's mob.
I said in his chest, "I'm now their Mob Boss."
I stopped hugging me and looked me in my eyes, "you're what?" He could barely get out.
"They wouldn't let me leave...they wouldn't let me go... they said I had to."
"But you couldn't handle that. I don't want you in that! At all!"
"I know George but I can't get rid of it."
"I know.... that's what the rules are...but it's just....no."
"Can we talk to Padre? Maybe he'll know what to do with it."
"He will. Now come on."
George grabbed Gabriel and we both walked to Padre's office.
Knock knock
"Padre?" I said.
"Is that my missing daughter I hear?
"Oui Padre. We need to talk."
"Come on in." We walked in and sat down in front of his desk. I looked at George and smiled. It was everything seeing your guy holding your child...it was cute.
"Did you smash his head in?....Boss.?"
Both George and I looked shocked but confused.
"But how'd you--"
"I know everything."
"Well what am u gonna do now? I can't run that whole mob Padre."
"But you can. And you will... because you made your Padre proud. I know that I can rely on you to protect your family..... if George we're to ever...mount down."
"So how do I?"
"Just keep doing what you do. I can't control both mobs but you have made our protection much bigger. Outsiders may not think that we are working as a team but we are. I think you and George should take charge."
I looked at George and he was thinking hard on it.
"Fine... I will only for my tesoro. I won't let you do it alone."
I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.
"Now that this is solved... Father... take Gabriel for me... we need to spend some time alone." George said giving Gabriel to Padre. Hevgrabbed my hand and I kissed Gabriel on his cheek and we left.
"Where are we going."
"I thought... after all this... going through kidnaps and almost getting killed, damn near losing a baby... you would've left me. Tesoro....you deserve SO much. But you ask for so little. That tells me what a blessing I have."
"Yeah. I feel the same. But seriously where are we going?" I said as we walked out the door towards the Escalade I was just in.
He sighed while looking in my eyes. He kissed my lips ever so gently, "You'll see."