chapter seven: The Tale Of Escaping Penguins.

Finn's POV.

"You rented the entire zoo for us?" Bayley asks excitedly, as her big brown eyes drinks in the park.

"I know people." I say sheepishly and grin at her.

"Oh my gosh, this wasn't necessary." She mumbles, but fails to hide her excitement laced voice.

"Of course it was, let's go. I heard the penguins are cute." I say and lead her inside. Bayley ditched her denim jacket, because it was oddly warm for a night in November. I roll up the sleeves of my blazer and we walk together.

"Where to first?" I ask as we're busy walking in the front part of the zoo.

"I don't know, what's first on the map?" Bayley asks, gesturing to the map in my hands.

"There's a display on turtles right over here." I say, pointing towards the turtles.

We walk towards the turtle display and I smile at the small turtles running around in the cage thingy. One f the baby turtles climb onto its mom's shell, which results in him falling off.

Bayley gushes at the sight and squeal excitedly.

"They're so cute!" She exclaims, leaning against the glass.

No, you're cute.

°°°°

"Look at the crocodiles." She says, pointing to the crocodiles lounging lazily in the water.

"They look dangerous." I say, particularly eyeing their large teeth.

"Aww, is big Finn scared of a few crocodiles?" Bayley mocks me with a taunting grin.

"Yes, I'm actually really scared." I admit and she stares at me seriously for a moment before I start bursting into laughter.

"I'm just kidding, Bayley, I love animals." I say between laughter, eyeing her shocked face.

"For a moment I thought that you're going to start crying or something. You honestly looked scared." She says, with widening eyes.

"Maybe I should've skipped wrestling and pursued a career in acting." I comment and she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Oh please, the only movie you could've acted in, would've been Barney." She says and I gape in fake shock.

"Ouch, you hurt my poor feelings." I say, clutching my heart.

She merely laughs and I smile at her laughing figure. Her eyes are filled with this undescribable light. There's also this breathtaking smile growing on her face. In short, laughing makes her look even more beautiful than I can comprehend.

Maybe she's the key...

Maybe she is the person who can finally help me get out of this self built hole I dug for myself.

Maybe-

"Finn?" She asks and I snap out of my daydream.

"Yeah?" I ask and she frown a bit with a faint smile.

"I think the penguins are calling us."

°°°°

"Wow." Bayley murmurs, staring at the penguins in the glass cage.

The penguins are flapping around and squawking like they mostly do, I guess. Bayley stares at them like a kid in a candy shop.

"I want to touch them." She says and I detect a small childish whine in that sentence.