chapter five: A Spiral Of Unrequited Love

Finn's POV.

"A hair tie? Really Finn? That was the best you could come up with?" Aj Styles asks with a shake of his head as he's busy preparing for the ring.

"I just, had to make sure that she still remembers me." I say absentmindedly and he frowns.

"So did she remember you?" He asks mockingly and put his gloves on.

"Yeah, but not in that way. I just needed to make sure that Ziggler didn't sink his teeth into her." I reply and Aj releases a chuckle.

"You're acting like a kindergartener fighting over a toy." He states bluntly.

"No, I'm not." I mutter and Aj frowns.

"Wait, how did you even know that she and Alexa spent the night with Dolph?" He asks.

"I saw them when I was outside the hotel." I shrug him off and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Do you like her?" Hr asks as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"No, I don't, I am really just looking out for a friend. You know the rumors going around about Ziggler. He slept with Maryse." I say honestly and Aj laughs.

"Please don't tell me that you believe that rumor?" He asks laughing.

"You never know and I mean who would want to sleep with her anyway?" I ask and shiver at the mere thought.

"She has a certain charm to her and she's not ugly." He says and I look at him with a straight face.

"She once yelled at me just because I accidentally bumped into her when I walked pass her. She's evil." I retort and by now Aj is full on laughing.

"You sound like a scared puppy." He laughs and fixes his hair.

"You look like a Diva who's making sure that her hair's still perfect." I comment with a smirk and Aj lightly hits my shoulder.

"Aj to the ring." The stage director says and he walks out.

"Break a leg, literally." I shout after him and he flips me off.

"Asshole." I hear him mumble and I grin.

He loves me.

°°°°

After I finished watching Aj's promo, Bayley was up next. She has a match against Ruby Riott, -I think that's her name, but I'm not sure since she just came up to the main roster- who has her entire squad here backing her up.

Poor Bayley is kept on her toes while she's trying to compete in her match and still keep the other girls away.

She throws a glare at the blonde chick who's name is Liv or something, and then Ruby hits her from behind. The double team is on Bayley when Ruby's two partners came in and attacked her.

The match is a no show when the ref rang the bell, but they don't stop. I feel uneasy as I'm watching, but obviously I can not do anything.

That is when Alexa and Becky Lynch came out to help her and even the score. Hey easily overpower the Riott squad and sends them packing. The girls hug in the ring and a contented smile makes its way onto my face.

Luckily she's okay.

"Now see, that's the face of a good friend." Aj says smirking and stands next to me.

"Yes, I'm a friend watching another friend wrestling. Just like I watched you." I reply and Aj nods.

"If you say so." He sings and I roll my eyes and walk to the backstage area since I'm up next.