chapter twenty: Bayley's Birthday

Finn's POV

"Tomorrow is Bayley's birthday." Sasha states, making my face pale.

"Please, please tell me that you're joking...?" I ask, but seeing her serious face, I highly doubt that she's busting my balls.

"You didn't know? It is her 24th birthday, Finn... You really didn't know?" She asks with wide eyes.

"No, I didn't... Fuck, I'm the worst boyfriend ever. We only have this evening to plan everything. You need to help me, I don't know the first thing about planning a surprise party. I'm useless, I don't know what cake to buy, which alcohol she prefers or-" I ramble, but Sasha cuts me off by putting her hand over my mouth.

"Shut up, Finn. You have me." She says seriously and I can't help the beat that my heart skips at this.

No, Finn. Stop this shit.

"Yeah, sure, let's get started..." I trail off and after a second I frown. "Where do we start?"

"Firstly we'll need your credit card and a chaperone." She says with a mischievous grin while typing furiously on her phone.

"Who's we?"

°°°°

"You brought the Queen of Overspending and the Duke of Dickness?" I ask disbelievingly, staring at Alexa, Aj and Sasha all sporting sly smiles.

"I'm not the dick who forgot his girlfriend's birthday." Aj sings, hitting my back and walks into the 24 hour store we managed to track down on Google Maps.

"And besides... We needed more muscle then you can provide." Alexa says mocking me as we walk in.

Bitch.

"Okay, so we have limited time and obviously limited supplies. We need beverages, alcoholic and nonalcoholic." Sasha says staring at her phone, still typing away.

"And party food, like pizza, light snacks and those little cheese balls. Bayley likes those." Alexa chimes in.

"And of course we need a keg." Aj says, making all of us throw him a disbelieving look.

"That's covered under beverages." Alexa deadpans with her icy glare set on him.

"Oh, no, I actually meant we need a leg. Like a table with a leg." He says lamely, making all of us roll our eyes.

"Okay, that is just terrible. Try to lie better. Aj you go and get the beverages, Finn you grab the snacks and Alexa and I are on décor." Sasha commands and we nod and go in separate ways.

Let's just hope that I know the difference between the different party foods...

°°°°

"Why are you sweating like a stinky person?" Kat, Dean's wife, asks in a hushed whisper, while shes crouching next to me along with our other friends.

We are all hidden away around WWE's performance center for Bayley's surprise party. The idea is to shout the normal "Surprise!"  Alexa told her to come here, so that they can "train"...

Bringing me back to my stressful sweating arrangement.

"What if she doesn't like it? Or if the colour blue and gray reminds her of her childhood dead cat." I ramble.

"I highly doubt that it's possible."

The possibilities are endless, Kat. I'm just extremely worried." I say honestly.

"Don't be, she'll love it." Kat says and shoots me an encouraging smile.

"Shut up, here she comes!" Alexa hisses in an even louder voice than ours when we were talking.