chapter six: Stiff Atmospheres

Finn's POV

"Finn." I keep my eyes closed and focus on sleeping.

"Finn..." I swat the hand touching my face, away.

"Finn, wake up!"

I quickly sit up in shock and bump my head against something.

"Fuck!" I hiss the same time the other person yells ouch.

"I'm so sorry, it's just, you were asleep at the bar and I wanted to wake you up." I hear someone, who I now recognize as Bayley, says.

"No, it's fine. What happened?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"You fell asleep at the bar last night. Aj left about an hour ago." She says and I groan and painfully clutch my head.

"What happened, what are you doing here?" I ask, suddenly aware that Bayley's here.

"Oh, uhm, Aj called me and he asked me if I can wake you up since he couldn't get you up and he had an emergency or something..." She trails off and I flinch.

"Thanks, and sorry about my appearance..." I trail off and run a hand through my already disheveled hair.

"Don't worry about it, see you later?" She says and attempts to walk away, when I lightly grab her wrist.

"I'll take you out for lunch later today, you know, just to properly thank you." I say and she bites her lip and hides a smile.

"Lunchtime is over..." She says with a half smirk on her face.

"What? What time is it?" I ask with wide eyes.

"It's like 4pm already." She says holding her laughter back.

"Oh shit... Well, let's make it dinner." I offer and she nods.

"That'd be great." She says with a smile.

"Great. Then meet me at the hotel lobby at 7pm." I say and she nods and walks off.

Once she's gone, I reach for a bottle of vodka and take a huge swig.

"Isn't it a little early to be drinking?" Dean, who came from the hotel lobby, asks me.

"Girl troubles." I mutter, trying to block a certain pink haired girl from my mind.

"Jeez, tell me about it. Once you're married, it just gets worse, my friend." He says and gets himself a beer.

"Luckily I'm not there yet." I say and he chuckles.

"Cheers to that." He says and we clink our bottles.

Maybe a night out with Bayley will do me good.

Maybe I can forget about Sasha.

Right?

°°°°

Bayley's POV

''There's more than enough time." I mutter and Alexa's blue eyes widen.

"Are you kidding me? There's like three hours. We'll need a miracle if we want to finish in time!" She exclaims and push me to the bathroom.

"What? I'm just going in jeans and a nice shirt. Oh and my hair looks completely fine, by the way." I shrug and she painfully closes her eyes.

"And that's why we're best friends. You have absolutely no sense of style and that's where I come in. Go, shower and wash your hair. I'll be ready when you come out." She says and basically pushes me into the bathroom.