chapter twenty eight: Let Me Help You

Finn's POV

"Never have I missed such an ugly face!" AJ says, before hugging me tightly.

"Yeah, yeah, missed you too bro." I say and pull back.

I decided to come and show my face on Raw. I am only cleared in a month, but that doesn't mean that I can't show up.

"So, what did I miss?" I ask, looking at th screen.

"Oh, nothing much, just the fact that you are an absolute dumbass!" He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What did I do?" I ask him.

"You deliberately drove that car even when I warned you against it. What were you thinking?" He asks and punches my shoulder.

"Jeez, do you have to be so harsh?" I ask, rubbing the area where he punched me.

"Yes, because you are stupid." He says in a duh tone and we sit on a couch in the screening area.

I roll my eyes at him and just when I'm about to say something, they call AJ to the ring.

"This isn't over!" I shout after him.

I sigh contentedly and lean against the couch and close my eyes. It's not even a minute, when someone sits next to me. I look to the side and see Alexa sitting there with a serious look on her face.

"Lex, great to see you again." I say and she hugs me.

"I missed you, Finn. Bayley was miserable without you and a miserable roomie isn't something that I need." She says and briefly kiss my cheek and pulls back.

"I missed you too, Lex and thanks for standing up for me that night. Even though Bayley is your best friend, you were still on my side. Thanks." I say and she smiles.

"Even though I really like you thanking me, we need to talk." She says with her serious expression back on.

"Uh, yeah sure. What's up?" I ask her.

"It's about Bayley." She says softly.

"What about her?'" I ask worried.

"Have you guys talked?" She asks and even though that is a very vague question, I think I know what she means.

"We did talk about that night and everything's fine between us." I say, but she shakes her head

"Did she tell you exactly how she feels?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"No, why?"

"Finn, she is spiralling. She's blaming herself for what happened to you. She's been eating less, sleeping less, training more, pushing herself. Bayley's losing control, all because she placed her in this world where she's the bad guy and the cause of what happened to you. And not to be blunt or rude or anything, but your mother didn't help much." She says and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"My mother?"

"Yeah, she practically attacked Bayley for not being good enough for you and for being the reason that you're in the hospital and that just added fuel to the increasing fire that Bayley keeps throwing herself in. Finn, she needs help or maybe she just need you to assure her that she isn't the one to blame. No one is." Lex finishes and I stay quiet.

That is why Bayley looks so extra thin and why she lost weight and why she has those bags under her eyes which she tries to hide with makeup.

"I can't believe that I missed it." I mutter mostly to myself, but Lex heard it.

"She hid it from me for a few days, but I saw straight through her. I actually found her in the gym at 3 am and had to force her back to bed. I don't know what to do anymore.'' She says and I can hear the worry and desperation in her voice.

"I am going to talk to her about it. She can go on like this." I say and she nods. Just then Bayley appears with a smile in her face.

"Hey guys." She says and sits next to me. Alexa gives me one last look and excuse herself and walks off.

"What's up with her?" Bayley asks with a frown.

"Bayley, we need to talk..." I trail off and she looks at me confused.

"Is something wrong?'' She asks as someone walks past.

"Just not here. Later tonight?" I ask and she nods still looking worried.

Things can't go on like this...

°°°°

I am in my hotel room, after I kicked AJ out. At first he was reluctant to leave me alone, but when I told him that Bayley was coming over, he agreed and left. And he hid my car keys and his. Apparently I'm not allowed to drive until he deems it fit.

Dumbass... but I still love him.

There's a soft knock on the door and immediately I know that it's Bayley and open it. She's standing there with a takeout bag and a wine bottle.

"Hey." She says and kiss my cheek and walk inside.

"I see you brought food." I say and peer into the bag.

"Yeah, but we eat after you talked to me. It sounded serious." She says, not leaving any room for delays.

Okay, then.

I sit on the couch and tap the space next to me. She sits down and eyes me curiously.

Okay, here goes everything, Finn.

"We need to talk about you." I start and she looks at me confused.

"What about me?" She asks.

"Bayley, Alexa told me about-" I start, but she cuts me off.

"You guys talked about me behind my back?" She asks, not giving anything away.

"Yes, we did and I am not even ashamed to hide it. Why didn't you tell me that you blame yourself for my crash? Bay, you know that it is not your fault and that I don't blame you." I say softly and hold her hand in mine. She avoids me gaze.

"It is my fault, Finn, you don't understand."

"Well, then make me understand." I say determined. She sighs and stands up. She walks to the window and look at the view. I give her the necessary space and stay on the couch.

"When you were on your way to me, you knew that your car didn't work. If it weren't for that stupid picture, you would've been safely in bed. If I were just with you that night, you would've been fine. If it wasn't for me, this would never have happened. Your mom was right, Finn, I'm not the right girl for you." She says in a soft, hurt voice which breaks my heart just to listen to it.

"Bayles, you don't have to feel that way. Besides, I don't want you to feel that way. I made the decision on my own to go to you in a faulty car. You didn't put the key in my hands or made me drive. It was all me. Don't blame yourself, you don't deserve that." I say, standing up and stand behind her. She turns around and look at me with tears running down her face.

"It is all my fault, Finn. No matter what you say or do to make me feel better. It won't change the fact that you got into that car, because of me. I will never forgive myself." She says and then cries.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. I close the distance between us and hold her tightly against me. She sobs loudly and I close my eyes painfully while I'm rubbing her back up and down.

"You can't keep om believing that. I am going to help you, okay? We are going work through this together." I whisper in her ear.

"How?" She asks in a soft voice.

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out together. I am not going to let you beat yourself up anymore." I say determined and she nods against my chest.

"You're way too extraordinary for me." I say, holding the girl I love, close to me.

She is it for me...

No doubt about that.

°°°°

I had little tears in my eyes writing this...

2 consecutively chapters!!😁😁

Much love Sasha-Lee❤️❤️❤️