chapter twenty-two: Apologies And Realization

Bayley's POV

"I don't want to see him." I say to Alexa and she sighs loudly.

"She doesn't want to see you." Alexa says to Finn who is on the other side of the door.

"Please, Bayley, just give me a chance to explain." Finn says and it takes all of the self control in me not to run towards him and just stay in his arms forever.

"No. Just leave me alone." I say and stand up and walk to the door, brushing past Lex. When he sees me, he reaches out and I shut the door, but in the process, I accidentally pin his hand in the door.

"Fuck!" He hisses and my eyes widen.

"Bayley!" Lex shouts and pull the door open again.

Me, being the softie I am, turns around and run towards the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I hear Finn exclaim, making me feel even more bad.

"Sit, I'll get ice." Lex says and I slide down the bathroom door.

"She hates me, Lex. She'll never forgive me." Finn says, sounding defeated.

"She's just hurt, Finn. Give her time. Here, put this on your hand." Lex says and then there's a few moments of silence and then a door opening and closing.

Assuming that Finn left, I unlock the bathroom door and walk out. When I am in the room, I see Finn giving me that blue eyed puppy dog eye.

"Bayley, just hear me out, please?" He says, standing up with a packet of peas strapped onto his hand with a bandage.

"Fine. Talk." I say, trying to keep my calm demeanor.

"Look, I'm not going to lie to you, I did have feelings for Sasha." He says and it feels like my heart breaks just there.

"Why did you go for me then? Was I just your rebound?" I ask, not even concealing my hurt.

"Because, in the beginning, I thought that you could just be a distraction, but the more I spent time with you, the more I truly forgot about her, because you captivated me. You are such an extraordinary girl and the fact that I used you, made me hate myself, because you are the best person in my life right now. Please understand that I am sorry." Finn says, reaching out to me. This time, I don't move away. He just keeps his hands on my arms, rubbing it up and down.

"Finn, you hurt me. More than any other person ever has, but I forgive you, because it is in my nature to." I manage to get out. He tries to hug me, but I side step him.

"But, I need time from you. Just to figure things out, but I am not angry at you." I say and he nods.

"I understand, take all the time you need. Just remember that I am here waiting for you. When you'll be ready for me, I'm ready for you." Finn says softly and kiss my cheek. His lips linger there for a while before he pulls back and walks out.

Yet, again, it takes all of my self control not to go after him.

°°°°

"Well, this isn't awkward at all..." I trail off, staring at the roof of Stephanie's office.

"Nope. Not at all, I'm relatively relaxed." Finn replies with his normal grin.

Stephanie asked to see both of us, but she didn't say why. And now we're waiting for her in weird awkward silence.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I actually want to ask both of you something." She says, rushing into the office.

"No problem." I say softly and Finn nods.