chapter nineteen: Mixed Match Challenge

Finn's POV

"She left you with blue balls!" Aj says with a straight face before completely breaking down in laughter.

"I'm glad you find amusement in it." I mutter, rolling my eyes at his constant laughing.

"Did you really expect that I will not laugh at this? I mean do you even know me?" He asks between laughing fits.

"You're an awful friend." I grumble, while I'm sipping on my smoothie.

Aj continued laughing, while the entire coffee shop is throwing stink eyes at our table. I kick his leg under the table and immediately his laughter dies down and he glares at me.

"Jeez, was that necessary?" He asks.

"It was or do you want to get kicked out of a coffee shop?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"No." He says and after he sobered up, he starts talking. "But how do you feel about it?"

"After she told me, I had to, you know, take care of it, but afterwards we just watched a few movies and fell asleep." I shrug and he rolls his eyes.

"I didn't ask what you did, I asked how you're taking it?" He asks impatiently.

"I told her that I'll wait for her. I want to be with her for the long run and if I have to wait, then so be it. Bayley's worth it." I say and Aj smirks.

"My boy is so whipped." He says, looking proud and slaps my back.

"I'm not whipped." I mutter and he waves me off.

"Be quiet. I've waited years to have this speech. You know, Finny, when I man likes a woman, there's a special connection. You do things to each other-" He starts, but I throw napkins at him.

"Save that speech for your kids. I think I know the basics." I say and mockingly slap his back like he did with mine a few moments ago.

"Aren't you all grown up. You know, this is the first time you've actually went out there for a girl since Sash-" He starts saying, but I cut him off.

"Here comes Bayley. Just don't mention her again. Do you hear me? If you even mention her, I will-" Aj doesn't even listen my threat through as he moves up to make place for Bayley in the booth.

"Hey Aj and Finn." She says with a bright smile as she slides in next to me. She gives me a light peck on the cheek and Aj starts smirking.

"Oh don't mind me. I'm just an innocent bystander." He says smugly.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" Bayley asks as she dives into my plate of fries.

"Oh, you know, the normal. Just your relationship and I was just getting the juicy details of it." Aj says, making my girl blush profusely.

"Shut up Aj." I say with a death glare, but he seems unfazed and waves me off.

"So, tell me all the dirty deeds." He states, making me roll my eyes.

Asshole.

°°°°°

"I'm so excited to hear who's going to be paired up for the Mixed Match Challenge." Bayley squeals and I grin.

"Hopefully you and I are going to be partners." I say and she nods.

"Chances of that happening is a big fat zero. You know how  anti-couple oriented management is." Alexa says successfully popping our bubble.

"Shut up, Lex. You're spoiling our fun." Bayley grumbles and I stick my tongue out at Alexa and she flips me the finger.

As they start yelling out who's partnered up with who, I mentally cross my fingers, hoping that I'm with Bayley. She takes my hand and I intertwined my fingers with her and kiss her hand. She sends me a smile and for a moment, I get lost in her deep dark eyes.