chapter twenty-four: Red

Bayley's POV

"How's the hangover?" A freshly showered Finn asks me as he comes into the bedroom with a tray in his hands.

"Deadly. I am never letting Kat and Nikki talk me into doing shots with them." I grumble and Finn places the tray on my lap. I stare at the contents and try to hide the grimace that I am currently displaying.

There's orange juice, slightly burnt toast, runny eggs and charred bacon.

I think Finn should stick to wrestling...

"Well, I made you breakfast and it looks delicious. Aren't you going to eat?" He asks with a grin and I laugh nervously and take a small piece of bacon.

As I am chewing it literally crunches in my mouth. I take a sip of orange juice to wash the awful taste away.

"So, I was thinking of doing Italian tonight. Or what do you want my lady?" He asks and my eyes widen.

"Crap, Finn, I'm so sorry. I promised Alexa that I will go out with her tonight. She needs me, because of the whole Dolph thing..." I trail off and see his mood visibly deflating.

"Oh." He says and stands up.

"Finn... Please understand." I plead and stand next to him.

"Bayles, this past two weeks, Alexa or whatever has been coming first in your life. If it wasn't shopping with her, it is training late or a party or something. I always move my appointments for you, because your my girl and you come first." He says, not angry, but I can hear the disappointment in his voice.

What he's saying is unfortunately true. I have been neglecting him this past weeks and now I feel horrible, but I do have a good reason.

"Finn," I say and take his hand. "I know that I have been neglecting you and I feel terrible about it. Let me make it up to you tomorrow, okay? I'm taking you out and it's a set date."

Finn's smiles slightly, but it's still a bit of a grimace, but luckily not that sad look.

"Okay, I'm keeping you up on that, but I have to run, AJ is waiting for me at the gym. Enjoy the breakfast, I love you." He says and pecks me lightly and walks out the door.

"I love you-" I start, but he's  already out. "-too."

I screwed up.

°°°°

"Come on Lex, you need to help me. He's getting suspicious." I say as we're busy getting ready for clubbing.

"Just don't tell him or else you're going to spoil everything." She says and tries on a short white dress. I shake my head no to the dress and she tries on another one.

"I am almost done with the decorations, but I can't seem to get the right red shade for the balloons. Oh and that dress is a definite no-no." I say and she groans.

I am planning a birthday party for Finn. I know it's probably a bit cheesy and overrated, but since he planned one for me, I just have to return the favour. And I will have a demon themed party since it is his wrestling persona.

"You know what?" She asks and tosses all the dresses onto the floor.

"Screw Dolph and screw these moderate no cleavage dresses! I'm going so sexy with this outfit any guy will be lucky to get me, cause tonight I'm getting a man and worry about everything else tomorrow." She declares and my eyes widen.

"Lex, I don't think-"

"You're not coming with me, wearing that." She says and gestures to my outfit which is a black jean and a simple floral top.