Chapter 8 First Sleepover

"So, when do Vanir sleep?" Loki called out from the bedroom. Halldora sat crosslegged on the sofa, watching a television show she'd begun to enjoy and eating icecream. After their lunch she'd gone to pick up some essential food, leaving Loki behind in the apartment. She was amazed when she'd come back and he was still there. Even more amazed that he was already in bed, reading a book. She didn't catch the title, but she recognised it as one of the ones from her bookshelf. She hadn't joined him yet, too worried she'd embarrass herself from having to sleep in the same bed.

"I just want to finish this," she called back, her eyes glued to the screen.

"The moving picture? Or the cold dessert? Because I have to say, I'm sure that's not very healthy," he replied, still calling from the bedroom.

"I do what I want Silvertongue!" she called back. She heard a chuckle coming from the bedroom, and suddenly Loki was sitting on the couch beside her. He looked squashed up next to the arm rest, like he didn't want to touch her. She tilted her head and squinted at him. He gaze her a quick, "what?" gaze and turned away.

"That's stupid

"That's stupid. If you want me to come in there then do it yourself," she said, waving her hand through the illusion.

"I give up Vanir, I'm too tired and warm to get you. Do what you want," he said, genuinely sounding exhausted.

"I will!" she called, smiling slightly. She turned back towards the screen, scooping another spoonful of the icecream into her mouth. Cookies and Cream. There wasn't anything like it in all the nine realms. She hummed a little, watching the characters on the screen share comebacks. She was the Goddess of Wit.

"If you're going to hum like that," she heard Loki say, his voice deep and slightly gravelly because he was so tired, "I'd prefer it if you were sleeping," he said

"If you're going to hum like that," she heard Loki say, his voice deep and slightly gravelly because he was so tired, "I'd prefer it if you were sleeping," he said. She turned around, seeing him in the doorframe of the bedroom, leaning against it with his arms crossed. He was still shirtless, but he had a pair of her larger sweatpants on. She noticed him shiver slightly, realising that he really had gotten out of bed to get her.

"Fine," she relented, turning the television off, and putting the ice-cream back in the fridge. Loki watched her cross the room in her nightdress, before she turned and started walking towards him. He was, the word? Practically terrified. She looked so exhausted as she walked up to him, and that made him worried. He really didn't want her to think he'd take advantage of her, but he did think she was adorable.

She rubbed her eyes, before pushing against him so she could get into the room. Loki yielded, stepping back from her so that she didn't think he was being pushy. Halldora flopped into the bed, pulling the covers up and turning so that she didn't have to face him when he joined her. "It's very unnerving knowing you're watching me," she said with her eyes closed.

Loki walked to the other side of the bed and laid down. He didn't touch her, keeping to his side of the bed and laying as straight as possible. Halldora curled up, her feet almost touching him. He held his breath, wanting to make sure that she wasn't uncomfortable. "Silvertongue, you're not made of silver. You can breathe," she muttered, loud enough that he heard.

"Are you certain?" he asked, muttering like he was halfasleep too.

"Just curl up and relax Silvertongue."

Loki heaved a sigh of relief and curled up, almost holding on to her, but he stopped so he still wasn't touching her. He was definitely more comfortable. Halldora relaxed too, knowing that he probably wouldn't stay like that all night.