Chapter 33 Ding Dong Merrily

"Loki!" Halldora yelled through the door, shaking the handle frantically. She was so nervous she didn't think to get her key out. She kept banging on the door, worrying herself that Loki had left.

The door opened suddenly and she fell forwards, luckily she landed straight into someone's arms.

"Now, why'd you give me a fright like that?" Loki smiled calmly

"Now, why'd you give me a fright like that?" Loki smiled calmly. Really his heart was beating rapidly with excitement that his Lady had returned safely, but he didn't want her to worry and find out about Freya's visit.

"Loki!" Halldora smiled, grabbing his neck and squeezing until he almost couldn't breathe.

"Darling! Really, what's wrong?" He asked, pulling her away so she would stand more comfortably in his arms.

"Frey, came to see me," she was still panting from her frantic entrance, "said that-you might." She buried her face in his chest, unable to speak.

Loki had paled when he'd heard the name 'Frey'. He knew about Halldoras previous fascination with the god, he was terrified for a moment that she might have lost her feelings for him.

"He said you might have left me, while I was out," Halldora finally whispered.

"Why would I leave? I have a bet to win, remember? Three months left, dear Goddess." He smiled cheekily.

"I remember," Halldora replied, "I thought Freya would try and steal you away, that's all."

"What has Freya got to take on you?" Loki frowned.

"She's the goddess of beauty Loki," she said, matter-of-factly.

"And the goddess of temper tantrums, oblique apathy for others, and tiny brains attached to walls of flesh

"And the goddess of temper tantrums, oblique apathy for others, and tiny brains attached to walls of flesh." Loki added, "she's got nothing compared to you." At this he swung her up into his arms, carrying her to the couch. They sat down, Loki holding Halldora on his lap.

Halldora smiled sadly. "How do I know she didn't put you under some charm?"

"She couldn't, she wasn't strong enough," Loki said too quickly.