Chapter 32 Unexpected Visitors Pt.2

Halldora strolled down the street, looking out for Torri. They were going to meet each other and pick Christmas trees, so that they got the best ones. It was something they always did on December the 1st.

At the corner she could see the free market, what looked like a mini forest in the middle of the city was marked out, and Halldora could see Torri already waiting for her. When she got closer she realised Torri was talking to someone. They were tall and looked a bit like a lumberjack, with a red plaid shirt and heavy looking leather trousers. Halldora stared at him, wondering why she felt as if she recognised that standing figure. She couldn't quite see his face yet, but she could hear Torri already.

"-she's just got a new boyfriend, they're so cute in a scary way y'know?" Torri said, "Dora!" She cried when she saw Halldora was steps away from them.

"Hey Torri," Halldora smiled.

"I just met your cousin," Torri said, gesturing to the man she'd been talking to. The man smiled, and Halldora felt a chill run down her spine. Stormy eyes watched her closely.

"Hey there squidge," He said

"Hey," Halldora recovered quickly, "I didn't think I'd see you this year. What are you doing? I thought you'd be staying at the old grumpy ones this year."

"Old grumpy one?" Torri asked.

"Oh yeah, our great uncle," he said, knowing full well she meant Odin, "Yeah, I'm heading up to him next, I wanted to make sure you didn't have any prezzies for him. I could drop them off, if you want." He said.

"That's, thoughtful," Halldora squinted suspiciously.

"It's not a word one usually pins to me, but it'll do today," he smiled.

Torri nudged Halldora in the side. "Why didn't you tell me you had that for a cousin? He's gorgeous!" She whispered.

"He's also supposed to be married," Halldora said, "and he's supposed to be somewhere else."

"Hey, don't get too feisty," he smiled, "we wouldn't want anyone in particular to hear now would we?" He asked.

Halldora pouted. "Um, Torri, I need to speak with my, cousin, in private. You go on and grab your tree, I'll join you in a moment."

"Alright," Torri said, looking very disappointed. As she walked passed the two of them Halldora could see her checking out her 'cousins' butt. By her face he'd scored a solid 18 out of twenty. Which meant it was second to none on Torri's scale, as most guys only reached a 5, if that.

Halldora pulled the man to the side, scolding him as soon as no one was looking at them. "What are you doing here? Where's Freya too, you guys always travel together. Did Odin send you just to mess with my head?"

"Woah woah," the man said, "too many questions. You only need to ask one at a time. Okay?"

"Are you trying to ruin my life by leading Torri on?" Halldora asked.