Chapter 26 Asgardian Princess

Halldora tapped away at her keyboard, ignoring the time. She had to keep working, because she was close to her deadline, but she didn't know what to write next. She was writing a story about Thor, which was difficult because she didn't know him as well as Loki. And he, well, kind of annoyed her. She really didn't want to recount the gossip about him that she'd heard over the years, but she really didn't have a choice.

"The Vanir work too much," Loki said, standing in the bedroom door and yawning.

"And the Asgardians are too spoiled for their own good," Halldora snapped back. She wasn't irritated with him, it was just that she was tired and annoyed with her own sleepy brain.

"At least we actually sleep though, instead of forcing ourselves to be mean to people," Loki replied, his voice still calm. Halldora was annoyed now. How could he be so calm?

"Do you actually have a point? I need to keep working

"Do you actually have a point? I need to keep working." Halldora snapped again, not looking up at him as she frowned.

"My point is you should be in bed with me, keeping me warm," Loki said, leaning into the bedroom with his shoulder to coax Halldora inside with him.

"Keep yourself warm, you're a Frost Giant afterall," Halldora growled down at her hands. She tried to move them, thinking it would spark some inspiration, but nothing happened.

"Hey!" Loki said, raising an eyebrow in shock.

Halldora looked up

Halldora looked up. When her eyes settled on him she slumped, finally letting herself feel exhausted. "Silvertongue, I can't do it," she said, tears threatening to fall down her face. She was defeated, and Loki recognised the tone.

"What's going on?" Loki asked, walking towards her and sitting across from her at the table.

"I have to write a story about Thor, recounting his life, but I'm stuck," Halldora said. At the mention of his brother she thought that Loki would get angry, but he continued in the same gentle manner as before.

"Well, what part of his life are you up to? Maybe I can help." Loki turned the laptop around to read her last sentence.

"Sometime between his receiving Mjolnir and his coronation," Halldora yawned.