Chapter 22 (2): Bet Your Love?

Halldora kept a tight hold on the key, her hand shaking as she worried who's key it was. She could feel everyone's eyes on her, and suddenly she was shaking too much. She couldn't go through with it, not first. She threw the key back into the bag and looked at Torri. "No, come on Torri. You wanted to play, you better start." Halldora said. Everyone else nodded, so Torri shrugged.

Halldora sat down on the couch, crossing her fingers behind her back. Torri quickly placed her hand in the bag and grabbed a key, plucking it out so that instantly everyone could see what it looked like. Halldora was horrified. It was the key to her apartment, but it had a layer of green sparkly nail polish on the end of it. It was Loki's key.

"Well Loki," Torri said cheekily, swaying her hips, "seems like it's my lucky day!" she said. Loki stood up slowly, his face still blank. Torri looped her arm with his and they both walked into the closet. Chris got up and locked the door, while Derek kept time with his watch. Halldora was already annoyed with her best friend, she couldn't believe what Torri was doing.

Loki was surprised at how Halldora had rejected the key she had picked out. He wondered what would have happened if she had picked him, but he didn't have enough time to dwell on it. He was locked in the closet now, with Torri. It was dark, but his eyes adjusted easily. He suspected this was something to do with being a Frost Giant, he still knew very little of his abilities. Torri was looking at him expectantly, but he didn't move.

"So?" Torri asked quietly

"What is it you ask?" Loki asked, leaning against the wall.

"You and Halldora, spill," Torri ordered, looking directly at him.

"I didn't know this was a game of interrogation," Loki said, smiling cheekily, "I assure you there's no way you'll win." Torri smirked, taking steps towards him slowly. Loki tilted his head to the side, still smiling with confidence.

"Okay, different tactic," Torri muttered, placing one hand either side of his waist, pinning him to the wall

"Okay, different tactic," Torri muttered, placing one hand either side of his waist, pinning him to the wall. She stood on her tiptoes, and Loki could feel her breathing on him, waiting for him to lean forward. He suddenly placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her gently away from him.