Chapter 10 Buttons and Stripey Shirts

"Are you ready yet?" Halldora asked, knocking on the bedroom door. She couldn't believe that he was still getting changed. She remembered their deal though, which made her understand. Loki was used to just clicking his fingers to change his clothes, but they'd promised not to do magic while they were on Midgard, so he might've been having trouble getting into his suit the normal way.

She knocked again, this time more sympathetic than before. "Do you need a hand Silvertongue?" She asked, trying to sound as gentle as possible. She heard a scuffling sound and a small whimper before Loki answered.

"Lady Ha-Halldora," he replied, his voice barely recognisable, "I may require some assistance," he admitted.

"Have you got pants on?" She asked before opening the door.

"I have followed the rule, yes," he answered. Halldora opened the door to see her struggling Asgardian. He had one hand in the sleeve, and was trying to force his head through the other. He'd made the fatal mistake of not undoing the buttons at the front of his shirt. Halldora suppressed a giggle as she watched him struggle. He stopped, and from his movements it looked like he was looking at her. She could feel the sarcastic look even though she couldn't see his face.

"Your supposed to undo the buttons first," she explained, walking towards him quickly. She felt a bit awkward, but she began to unbutton the shirt from the top. After two buttons she could see his hair, and after three his head pushed through. She would have stopped there but his arm still seemed to be stuck so she had to keep going. He couldn't get his hand out to undo the buttons himself, and she wasn't sure if he knew how either.

She kept going down, Loki watching her hands undo the fourth and fifth buttons and his chest peeked through the fabric. She'd already seen his chest twice, so it didn't surprise her. Suddenly though, his breath hitched as she began to undo the sixth button. She looked up at him and he was still staring at her hands. "Um, you should be able to get your arm through the sleeve now," she said, not wanting to embarrass him.

He tugged at the sleeve and his arm came free, before sliding his other arm into the other sleeve. He chuckled to himself before attempting to do the buttons up himself. Halldora turned away from him, her cheeks shimmering as they heated up. His hands fumbled with the buttons nervously, trying his hardest to do the buttons without needing her help. But his hands were shaking because she'd been so close to him, and he was struggling again. He sighed in frustration and Halldora turned to him again. "Do you need a hand again Silvertongue?" She asked, smiling a little though he could see her cheeks going a darker shade of pink.

"If you would," he said, trying to look like he wasn't excited about her touching him again. She leaned closer and started buttoning his shirt back up for him, getting to the top button at his neck before she realised he was holding his breath. She let go of his shirt and he looked down at her. "Oh, your tie," she said, breaking eye contact to wrap it around his neck and tie it for him. He did look gorgeous in his all black suit.

"Umm, I'll just get my purse," she muttered, letting go of him and walking out of the bedroom. Loki heaved a sigh of relief.

"You are a marvel, my goddess," he muttered quietly under his breath so she didn't hear him. He tugged at the bottom of his shirt before walking out of the bedroom. Halldora was already in a denim jacket and was jingling her keys. "Shall we?" He asked, motioning to the door.

"We shall," she replied. He opened the door for her and bowed slightly. Even when he was flustered he was a complete gentlemen.

~~~

"If you wanted we could get you just green and black, but it might get boring after a while," Halldora replied. The only things Loki had picked so far was a pair of black leather pants, a black tshirt, and buttoned front deep green shirt, and a pair of dark olive green Dr. Martens.