Chapter 15 Library Visit

"What are we looking for?" Loki asked, his long fingers running over the spines of countless classics. He walked quickly down the aisle of shelves, his arms stretched out so he could touch every book as he passed on either side. Halldora walked considerably slower behind him, her gaze reading the shiny gold titles.

"We're just exploring," she replied, "or have you no curiosity to see what mischief we may find?" She asked, watching him twirl around quickly, his mouth agape at her.

"I-well-it's not that, I just-I didn't know-," he stammered. She smiled as she looked away from him and down at a particularly old looking book on the shelf. She picked up, hiding the cover from him before accidentally bursting into giggles.

"What is it?" Loki took a step forward, but she pressed the book to her chest, still giggling. "What?" He asked again, stepping closer. Halldora had suddenly composed herself enough to glance at the cover again.

"Well, you are quite the handsome devil," she said, flipping the book over so he could see it. It was definitely him, but his nose and chin were emphasised so that they were pointier, and his face was thinner. He was considerably muscular than he'd ever been, but he'd expected that from Midgardians. His hair looked amazing, but he still felt a twist in his stomach. It was long and braided, with strands of it that hung over his forehead a little. And it was, unfortunately, bright red. "You never told me you were a redhead," Halldora added, looking at him with an impressed face.

For a moment Loki considered having red hair again

For a moment Loki considered having red hair again. Except he knew she was joking, so he tried defending himself instead. "It didn't last long," he started, "I was experimenting, I took weeks of practising colour magic to get it the right colour, and i grew out of it quickly anyway, mostly because Thor kept calling me Sif, but it doesn't matter-,"

"No, what does matter is who was Sigyn?" Halldora asked. She wasn't angry, she was teasing him as she read the introduction in the book.

"Ah," Loki muttered, looking down as he went distinctly red.

"Was she a girlfriend?" Halldora asked, smirking at his embarrassment.

"No, actually," he replied, going a shade Halldora could only describe as Beetroot red. "She was a friend of mine, and she really liked-," he stopped, turning away from her quickly, "I can't tell you this," he said.

"What? Silvertongue, what did you do?" Halldora asked, both curious and nervous about the answer.

"Well, she really really like Thor, so I transformed into this really buff guy to make him jealous, which didn't really work. So, instead, I-," he stopped again, and Halldora was even more intrigued to know what he'd done.

"What?" She asked, smirking wider and cuter to coax him into spilling the truth.

"I turned into a girl to see what Thor really thought of her. He flirted with me, we danced, and he told me that Sigyn was just too smart for him and that she confused him. Then he tried coming on to me and I ran off. It was humiliating, but it was Sigyn's idea! She never let me forget it, and I had to spend three months listening to Thor talk about this 'mysterious ginger stranger' he'd met at a party." Loki shivered, "The things he said he'd do, I tried avoiding him for a few decades after that." He admitted, putting his hands swiftly into his pockets.