_flowers

*Looks at myself in the reflection* WHY YOU ALWAYS LYINNNNNN'

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT (4.5 DAYS IS LONG FOR ME OK)! And also,
🇨🇦 HAPPY CANADA DAY! 🇨🇦 I had a ton of work waiting for me when I got released from the hospital so I haven't been able to write as much as I should've. The "real" world ain't merciful guys 💔

After hearing the song accompaniment, I feel like the song better suits Gin's state of mind at the moment than this chapter's -_- It's cuz of dat BASEEEEE

It looks like I'm still going strong with these long ass chapters!

So I hope you enjoy this nice fat update from me!

WARNING: EXPLICIT stuff. It's part of the plot sorry ¯\_()_/¯ This chapter also isn't thoroughly edited so forgive me if it's, uh, really rough ;)

News of a CP "claiming" a girlfriend overrode any news of the Amante Mortem's basketball team's historical win and the lacrosse team's worse loss in its golden "history" of playing.

The other CPs didn't seem to take the news quite well. James' usual ice prince shtick had evolved into that of a dictator with a whiplash for a tongue. Gin had thankfully  been MIA since Violet had saw him sucking face at that outdoor beer keg. Mr. Reinhart, in his sly, clandestine double-speak expressed his disapproval of the relationship by audaciously assigning Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby after wrapping up their romance poetry unit.

"Now that you've read the book," Mr Reinhart said to Violet's class, "Do you think that Gatsby truly loved Daisy?"

"Or," he said as his eyes met with Violet's, "was he in love with what she represented?"

Wealth?

Power?

The Unattainable?

Violet had to give Mr. Reinhart credit. He used a high school syllabi staple to undermine her choice and question her new "boyfriend's" motives without telling it to her directly or through text. It also didn't help that Gatsby's love interest was also named after a flower.

"Violet, you look stunning today!" squealed a female NPC walking past her desk.

Straining her face to conceive some semblance of a smile, Violet weakly acknowledged the compliment with a nod and sped towards the classroom's door.

"She's so pretty!"

"I wish I was as beautiful as her."

"Why does Invidia get all the hot ones?"

"I want to be her friend!"

Violet wasn't even at the door when a hailstorm of compliments fell upon her feet like a carpet of red rose petals.

She was at the doorway when she felt her school bag taken off her shoulder. "So what do you want for lunch babe?"

Violet sighed. She didn't need to turn her head to guess who was waiting by her history class like a dog waiting for its owner's call.

"I don't feel like eating," Violet mumbled, slipping her hand into Jack's lengthy palm. "And don't call me babe."

"I've already trademarked 'Vivi' and 'Princess' so there's no way I'm going to stop calling you those." Bending down to her face, Jack gingerly kissed Violet on the cheek and sent shockwaves across the hallway. The buzzing, gasping, and whispering raised in pitch as they walked through the hallways like a pair of mismatched parade floats clinging together by a flimsy red thread.