_evoL_

?slellarap eht tops uoy nac_

With her arms draped over his shoulders and his hands held behind her back, Viola and Gin danced in the blank, open space of the dance floor. They swayed to the feather soft music, their feet moving to the steady rhythm of their heartbeats pulsing to one song. Their song.

Viola had eclipsed her eyes, sinking herself into an ocean of fathomless warmth that flowed and cascaded like the kiss and touch of sparkling rose quartz waves. It didn't matter to her that they were tethered to one spot, only drifting when her obstinate legs would permit it; that feeling of soaring across worlds, like falling stars streaking over an empty sky, never stopped, never waned, when she was in the tireless arms of her Lover Boy.

When she danced within the loving embrace of Gin.

They were lost in the moment, like all the moments they were lost in a world so fractured like the unamenable shards of a stained glass window. Gin's hands were firm against her back, always reaching to touch her like she was the stars and the moon he worshiped like a bishop. Viola's head was cradled in the crevice between his collarbone and chin, always listening to his heart that sang love songs to her in a language they only knew.

For a moment, Viola forgot that she was falling apart at the seams, that her "body" was burdened with weights that were steadily being clasped around her limbs, shoulders, and head one salt tarnished anchor at a time. She forgot that she was in a video game, a player who could never cross that unfathomable boundary between a reality so bleak and cold, and a fantasy swimming in the neon painted haze of romance and tragedy.

I love him, she thought, the innermost reaches of her soul flourishing in the ineffable heat blooming in her chest. I love him. I love him. I love him.

"Tell me what you're thinking of Love."

"I love you," she said without hesitance. She could've said it and abused it a billion times and its brilliance would never lose its luster in her eyes.

"I know," he said, kissing the top of her head. "You are Love itself. Your presence here with me tells me you love me."

Viola smiled, the lids of her eyes lifting up like a veil. "What are you thinking?"

Gin was quiet for a second, his lips and nose nuzzling into her hair like she was a bouquet of wild flowers. "Dancing like this," he spoke over her head, "reminds me of that dance we had on Halloween."

"It does, doesn't it?" she said softly. "Too bad it isn't the first thing I remembered from that night."

"You needlessly endangered yourself."

She sighed and skimmed her nose along the vein of his neck. "Says the guy who burned his arm to 'woo' me."

Gin sighed. "I guess we're both crazy for each other?"

Shaking her head, Viola lowered her eyelids while the tips of her lips rose upwards. Was it love? Was it obsession? Where was does one draw the line when both sides bleed into each other and become indistinguishable?

"Everyone's a little...crazy," Viola said with a twinge of pain in her voice. "We're just a little more crazier than most."

Gin chuckled above her, the sound of which reminded her of the light trickling of rain hitting an umbrella. "That's comforting," he said afterwards.