_fool

THERE'S A WEEKND SONG IN THE VIDEO INSERT OF THIS CHAPTER SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT--OR WHO--THAT MEANS! That's the only thing I'll say about this chapter ;)

But it's me so I still have some things left to say! You might not realize it but you guys--the readers--have inspired my writing in more ways than one, whether it be through your comments, your choice of aesthetics, or even your profile pics!

SidraMakay GRRRRLL, check if you're a clairvoyant or something because "that" dream you had...IT'S FINALLY GONNA BE REALIZED (except it's Violet that's going through...uh, "that").

Also, chapter inspiration credit for this chapter goes to @teenrebellious because your previous profile pic inspired what's going to happen in this chapter!

And to all my current readers who've helped me with this story without even knowing it, ENJOY THE DRAMA!!!

Stories about the fantastically unattainable seem to be the only stories worth reading if looking at humanity's fetishistic fascination with the rich and beautiful had anything to say about it.

Barely threes capturing the interests of godlike elevens simply by being indifferent to the latter's charms. Four crazier-than-(real) life suitors pursuing the faithless heart of one, insignificant school girl facing an existential crisis more demented and more terrifying than the one she had during puberty. People gravitate towards the superlatives, the ideals of an idea whose conception is only to stoke desire. The most popular, the most handsome, the most wealthy, the most powerful, the most charimatic--simply put, people want what they couldn't have in RL.

Perfection.

But to love an ideal lover wasn't to actually love a real person at all. To love an ideal was to love what they stood for, their concept, their idea. They were bigger than who they were, but consumable enough for smaller minds to always pursue but never touch.

Like Jack was with Violet.

Like Viola was with the Cardinal Points.

After shearing off her IMG visor and taking a solid week-long game "cleanse", Viola reflected on her "peculiar" situation tirelessly. She thought about it when she stepped foot outside of her apartment for the first time in weeks and had brunch at a nearby bistro to solidify her physical standing with her reality. She thought about her situation when she ploughed through thousands of VR news outlets to find some inkling of a story that could lead to the climactic breakthrough that could potentially put an end to this crazy ride. She thought about it when she contacted her mother for the third time since she'd moved out from her parents' home four years ago and asked if she was well. She was.

At the end of her week-long reflection, Viola concluded that she was a fool. A fool who was a perfect candidate for a game like this because she lacked what she denied and kept on making excuse after excuse after excuse to continue evading the reality of her RL situation that wasn't in any way "peculiar" or loving.

Once she decided on a plan of action, Viola settled her IMG visor on her head and clicked that fatherless "play" for--what she hoped would be--the last time.

The first thing that Violet did when she returned to Lovers: Boarding School was to delete and block "Glasses Bae's" number from her phone. Her blossoming rapport with Mr. Reinhart was decimated upon discovering those mysterious yearbooks that had him--in both face and name--smiling on the pages of each and every one of them. Strangely enough, the storage room she'd found those yearbooks in wasn't where she'd last saw it when she went out to look for it; instead of a door leading to a dingy cave of secrets, Violet found a wall where that door should've been.