_storm

What better way to come into this story blind than coming into it with this chapter ;)

Tell me what you think about it once you're done! That is, if you could stomach it (°°) HURHURHURHUR

Enjoy!

Me:

"i'll be seeing you tonite <3"

Jack:

"see you soon vivi!!!"

"and make sure to keep ur phone on at all tiems!"

Violet looked down at her phone and sighed. Until recently, Jack had become increasingly possessive over Violet, asking where she was constantly, begging her to remain inside her dorm when he was not around to keep an eye on her, even sneakily installing a GPS tracker on her phone when he thought Violet wasn't aware of him doing so. To Violet, Jack's paranoid behaviour was odd considering the date of his basketball game was fast approaching and his basketball practice--from what she heard--was becoming extreme enough for someone to break their arm in a freak accident. 

Does he suspect something going on between her and Gabriel?

Or was there something else that Violet should be worried about?

Through the tall, arching windows of the North wing boys' dormitories, Violet could see black opaque clouds merging into the ephemeral darkness of the late night sky. The low rumbling coming from titanic clouds abrading on their siblings warbled infrequently like the convulsions before a birth, its latent wrath pressing painfully on the threshold of release.

Violet, in a casual sweater and jeans combo, was being lead to Jack's dorm by Jack's dorm prefect, Kenny, a short, lethargic NPC who would probably watch the world burn with that same dull face bearing heavy eye bags heftier than some of the designer handbags Violet "owned".

"Here's his room," mumbled the prefect, stopping by one of rich mahogany doors lining the perceptibly polished hallway. "You have a key?"

It didn't even take Kenny a second to drag his feet away from Violet once she affirmed him with a nod. Watching his hunched back shrinking down the hallway, Violet speculated Jack's overnight stays at her dorm on the other side of campus must have not been that hard to procure if Jack--being as "important"as he was--and Kenny--being as zombified as he was--were enmeshed in the hierarchical web of deceit controlling the school. Even before she knew of the "hive", Violet thought it unusual for Jack to stay overnight in her room without getting penalized once. They were in a boarding school and they were students of said boarding school after all.

And now here she was before Jack's dorm, doing the very same thing as he had many times before at her dorm--but with a purpose much different than his for visiting at night.

Her shoulders jolted when she heard a ding coming from the phone she was holding in her hand.

Glasses Bae:

"be careful :I"

Violet smiled at the text. Although they were still verbally stagnant in their interactions, Violet and Gabriel had grown closer to each other since their last steamy encounter in his car. Stolen glances, knowing smiles, and subtle brushes of the hand had become commonplace in the brief moments they had in his busy classroom, their seemingly flirtatious gestures blurring into actual tokens of courtship.

The girl knew that Gabriel's intentions were murkier than silt in water and she knew that what she was doing behind Jack's back was downright reprehensible. But the trust and security she got from Gabriel was a scarce currency that could be invested for something more valuable than bitcoins and exchanged for something more tangible than what she could ever hope from Jack, Gin, and James.