E I G H T

"Mark, sweetie, are you alright?" Mark's mom asked at the breakfast table.

Jackson stiffened, being the center of attention between both of Mark's parents. He strained out a response, "Uh, yeah..."

Mrs. Tuan frowned but proceeded to continue eating before checking her watch and nearly chocking. "Mark! You're late for school!"

Jackson's eyes widened. School? Mark had never mentioned this! He sheepishly smiled at the Tuan parents. Maybe, just maybe, he could play it off as if he was sick!

"I'm not feeling too well," he let out a cough, "I was wondering if I could stay home..."

Mr. Tuan stood, his hands on his hips, "Mark, how many times have I told you? You have to go to school!"

"Yeah, sweetie," Mrs. Tuan joined in, "You should know by now that faking sickness won't work on us. Whenever you're sick, your ears turn bright red!"

Jackson's left eyebrow twitched. How could they see through his amazing acting skills? Impossible! It must have just been an effect of being in Mark's body.

Mark's mom sent a playful smack to the back of his head. Playful? No one had ever treated him like that in years!

She pointed a finger to the direction of Mark's room, "Change. Now."

The idol let out a sigh, muttering curses under his breath before going up the stairs to his new bedroom.

He shuffled through the closet, finding a school uniform. "This must be it," Jackson muttered, taking off the shirt on 'his' body, but the moment that Mark's torso was revealed, Jackson's eyes widened.

Staring back at his shocked eyes, a large, yellow bruise presented itself, centered at his stomach. "What is this?"