T W E N T Y

"Do I have to hold your hand?" Jackson grumbled under his breath.

"Yeah, if you want to pull this off. We have to make it look real." Mark glanced around at fans taking photos.

They walked hand-in-hand throughout the amusement park, Jackson continuously making complaints. He instantly stopped, however, as he spotted the haunted house. Mark hated haunted houses, with a passion. He began to drag Jackson away, but failed as Jackson's eyes lit up.

"Mark, let's go there!"

"How about we don't?" Mark inquired, proceeding to pull the other away from the place. Jackson wouldn't listen, though, resorting to bribing the older.

"Mark, what if-"

"Nope, nothing can change my mind, Jackson."

"I got you a signed copy of my album."

Mark remained silent for a solid 5 minutes before reluctantly agreeing. He frowned as the younger pulled him into the house, unintentionally tightening his grip on Jackson's hand.

The haunted house was almost pitch black with the exception of the dim, swinging lights above, which seemed to flicker every other second. He could barely see in the lighting as the pair moved further throughout the pathway.

The moment a hand touched his shoulder, Mark let out a shout, releasing his hand from Jackson's to flail around in attempt to get all potential "dangers" away from him. When he attempted to reconnect his hand with Jackson, he realized that Jackson wasn't there anymore.

A face suddenly popped out of the corner, and Mark's eyes went wide, as he fell to the ground. His breathing started to rush, and his heart started to race—not in excitement, but in fear.

"Jackson?" He called nervously. Sure, he knew that a haunted house wasn't actually threatening, but the experience was like living his worse nightmare. It was like he was just there, vulnerable for anything, anyone to hurt him. "Jackson!"

He shouted, hoping he could reach the other. His eyes started to tear, and he was too afraid to move. The moment he felt two hands on his shoulder, he flinched away.

"It's okay, Mark. I'm here." The hands proceeded to wrap around him.

"Jackson?"

"Yeah, i'm here."

Jackson held onto Mark throughout the rest of the haunted house. He even resorted to using a flashlight from his phone so that Mark wasn't as scared.

Once they exited, Jackson set the older down on a bench. "Mark, i'll get you water."

"Okay, thanks." Mark smiled softly, waving to the idol.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before frowning at the mention of his name.

"Oh my gosh!" One girl showed her friend her phone screen. "Jackson Wang is dating someone! Mark...Tuan?"

"Yeah, he must be foreign. Hey, don't you think Jackson would be better off with a girl. I didn't know Jackson was...gay. I might just stop stanning him now."

"Yeah, me too."

Mark growled under his breath. He didn't know that while he was getting Jackson more attention, he was also making him lose fans. He felt like he should do something about it.

Mark walked up to the girls with a frown, "Excuse me?"

The girls looked at him and screamed, "Oh my gosh! Jackson Wang!"

He waited for them to calm down before talking, "I think being gay is perfectly fine, so get your homophobic selves out of my business, please."

"Sorry, I didn't mean it!" One girl claimed, bowing in apology before rushing away flustered. Her friend just followed suit.

"Good job," A voice that Mark recognized as Jackson's complimented. He stood there with a lop-sided smile, one hand still holding the cup of water. For once, Mark felt proud standing up for himself.

I missed writing here, so here I am, posting another chapter. Thank you to all my readers for supporting me throughout this story! Midterms are coming up, but after that, I have a break, so i'm probably gonna post more :)