T H I R T Y - F I VE

hey luvs, sweet comments motivated me to update today :) the support makes me want to cry in happinesss 😭 thank you !!

"Mar—" Jackson's voice trailed off, his eyes widening at what was in front of him, rather, what was not in front of him. Mark was gone.

"Oh, no," Jackson bit his lip, remembering how he was supposed to tell the boy about the whole dating thing. He must be confused, he thought, scratching the back of his head in nervousness, but the blaring of a call pulled Jackson's attention.

"Yes?" Jackson answered, fidgeting and hoping Mark could make his way home safely.

"Jackson, what have you done?"

The boy frowned and looked at the screen. Oh, his eyes widened, it was his boss.

"W-What did I do?"

The man on the other line sighed, "I'll send you a few links, and then I want you to come to my office immediately."

"Okay...?" Jackson answered, confused. JYP hung up after that.

Ding! A few messages arrived. Jackson warily clicked the news links, already expecting what was to pop up.

JACKSON WANG IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YEJI OF ITZY?

Though Jackson Wang and Yeji never personally gave clues to their relationship, JYP decided to openly introduce it to the public

Jackson and Yeji have yet to comment on this.

click to read more

Jackson coughed, not believing what he saw. How could his boss completely decide to just put him in a relationship with a girl he'd only talked to once?

God, no, Jackson pulled on his hoodie and hat and ran out the door to JYP's company building.

"Park JinYoung-ssi!" Jackson yelled accusingly, opening the door to the man's office, "Mark...?"

"Have a seat, Jackson," JYP said with a sigh, massaging the side of his head, "Mark just arrived." Jackson looked at Mark, who sat besides him.

"Listen, you two need to stay away from each other! Mark, I'm no longer hiring you to be Jackson's fake boyfriend. In fact, I had fired you since your accident."

"What?" Mark's eyes widened, "then why...?" he asked, thinking of how lovingly Jackson took care of him after he woke up.

Jackson frowned, "But why would you say that I was dating Yeji? She's a brat!"

"Yes, but the media loves her! Jackson, Mark, a reporter caught you guys leaving the hospital together! I had to feed him with new information to get him off our backs. You two can't be near each other."

"We can't be frie—"

"Okay," Mark cut Jackson off, standing up and walking silently out the door. He couldn't help but feel replaced. Sure, it was a stupid job, but like it or not, Mark had grown attached to Jackson.

Maybe it was time to say goodbye.

Okay, a few clarifications. i LOVE Yeji and absolutely adore her. I wanted to put her in the story and it all just fit together this way.

and can someone help me with something?

the story says it's #40 in markson, but on the actual listing, it's #10

the story says it's #40 in markson, but on the actual listing, it's #10. i'm confused.