N I N E T E E N

Frick, it's been too long. I'm so sorry, so here's a mini chapter ^^! Thanks for sticking with me, loves.

"I've come up with a proposition. I want you, Mark Tuan, to be Jackson's fake boyfriend."

Both Mark and Jackson's eyes widened as they shouted, "No!"

Park Jinyoung, the CEO of the company Jackson was under, massaged his forehead, "You two have caused enough of a scandal. If you two start dating instead of shooting down all the rumors, it would help increase Jackson's popularity, and you, Mr. Tuan, the company will pay you for this."

Mark's eyes widened. He had been wanting to look for a job recently. This was an opportunity. Why would the company pay him simply for Jackson's sake, though? Was Jackson's popularity worth that much?

"Sorry," Jackson ran a hand through his (Mark's) hair, "I don't think—"

"He'll do it. I'll do it too." Mark agreed the moment Jackson began to push the offer away. He, for one, didn't think it sounded too bad. If Jackson acted as his boyfriend in his body, he would both get an income and be able to figure out the whole body-switch situation with the idol.

"Oh! Wonderful!" JYP pushed a contract towards the two.

"Hey," Jackson glared, "What are you saying?"

Mark rolled his eyes. It wasn't exactly Jackson's say to sign or not to sign for him, "Just sign it." He signaled Jackson towards the paper.

Jackson sent him a look, but decided to focus on mastering the art of writing Mark's name in cursive, though he was sure that it wouldn't even match Mark's signature. Mark, on the other hand, was quick to sign the contract. He, after all, was Jackson's biggest fan. It was definitely not like he had tried to write Jackson's signature before.

"Perfect! This contract will last for three months. We can extend it after that." JYP exclaimed, grabbing the contract back. "Mark, you're to start working in this role the moment you leave this building. Exit the front of the building together. There will be tons of reporters to witness this!"

Mark and Jackson bowed awkwardly before leaving the building.

"Mark Tuan! Are you dating Jackson Wang?"
"Are you going to let this scandal go on? Are the rumors true?"
"Jackson, how do you feel about the public knowing of your relationship?"

Mark winced at the overwhelming wave of flashes as he and Jackson exited the building. Everything was slowly blurring, so he blinked. He blinked again. His head continued to spin and spin, and then it happened.

Everything that Mark saw turned black. He felt himself slowly fall backwards, but a hand on his arm pulled him back to reality.

"Let's go quickly." Jackson ushered, pulling him by the hand. The idol threw a protective hand over Mark's shoulders, and Mark felt shivers go down his spine. His eyes re-focused on the situation. Man, he thought, reporters are scary.

Once the two hopped into a black van that Jackson's manager drove, the idol turned to Mark with his eyebrows knitted together, "Why would you agree to such a ridiculous idea?!"

Mark sighed, massaging his head, "Look, we need to figure out this whole body-switch situation, so I decided that oh, maybe it'd help if we were near each other most times."

"Body switch?" The manager raised an eyebrow, looking at the two through the rearview mirror.

"It's nothing." Mark got himself comfortable, moving to stare out the window in silence.

"Yeah, it's nothing."