F O U R T Y - T W O / 𝙚𝙣𝙙

"You ready?" Jackson's manager asked him. Jackson nodded briefly, a grin overtaking his face.

"Let's go."

Jackson walked onto the stage. Lights flashed everywhere. This was an environment that Jackson was familiar with. A public conference.

"Jackson, Jackson!" One reporter stood up, eager to ask the first question, as Jackson reached the microphone stand, "Are the rumors true? You're back with Mark Tuan?"

"Yes, they are," Jackson smiled.

"And is it true you've broken up with Yeji due to the cheating scandal?"

Jackson hesitated for a moment, "Not exactly. I've actually been in love with Mark for the past two years. I wasn't sure of it when I dated Yeji, but I am now."

"What happened that you ended up in the hospital months ago?"

"That..That's not something I can talk about," Jackson said with a slight frown at the memory, "But if you all will hold your questions for a moment, I have an important question for one of my viewers."

The reporters immediately silenced themselves, waiting eagerly for what Jackson was to say. Anything could be news coverage.

"It's been a tough ride through the years," Jackson started, "We've had more misunderstanding than necessary, really. But you've pulled me through all my ups and downs, and I just want to say—i'm-i'm in love with you."

The reporters captured every word, immediately figuring out that the message was meant for Mark.

"Will you marry me?" Jackson's voice echoed through the mic.

mark's pov

"Will you marry me?" the words made Mark's world stop.

Then, he felt a jolt, a jolt of excitement, eagerness. And most of all, a temptation to run up to Jackson through the TV screen and scream "yes!"

Everything in Mark's small bedroom suddenly seemed boring, and the only interest Mark had was in getting the hell out of there and going to Jackson.

And so that's what he did. Mark slipped on his shoes and grabbed his phone, running to the building as fast as his legs could take him. Outside the conference, thousands of fans stood, hoping to get the slightest glance at Jackson Wang.

"Mark Tuan!" One girl screamed, pointing a finger at the boy. Mark smiled back sheepishly. It had been a while since he'd been the center of attention like this, the last time being when he and Jackson fake dated. But it was real now.

Suddenly, the crowd closed in on him
and all the excited cheering became louder. Mark felt ... overwhelmed.

"Can you sign this??" A paper got shoved in his face.

Another yelled for everyone to "give him space," but of course, the fans were wild.

"Come here!" Mark heard a deep voice. His eyes shot up. Jackson's manager.

Mark hurried to the man and he quickly led the boy to the back of the building.

"You can go in from here." He smiled.

"Okay, thanks," Mark grinned at the man, before turning to run into the conference. As the door slammed shut behind him, all eyes turned to him.

"Mark," Jackson breathed into the microphone, a surprised look crossing his face. He soon gathered himself and walked down the stage to the back of the room.

"Jackson," Mark grinned at the love of his life.

"Are you going to answer my question?" Jackson asked nervously, scratching his head.

When he had asked on stage earlier, Jackson was confident for the world to hear, but here, right in front Mark Tuan, his resolve all crumbled.

"W-Will you marry me?"

"Yeah, i'll marry you," Mark beamed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes, "I-I love you, Jackson."

"I love you too," Jackson grabbed Mark and pulled him into a hug, "I really, really love you."