23

Aubrey****

I stairwell at the little baby in my arms. So innocent...a couple of strands of her dark midnight hair curls up in front of her forehead. I kept on looking at her watching her...looking at every detail on her. When I heard a knock on my door I put her softly down on the bed. I opened the door, Alex.

I put a finger to my mouth indicating to be quite. "Shh, she's sleeping..."

He came in turning his back from her not even noticing her, "She? Who?.." he slowly turned to me then the bed, he closed his eyes then opened them to make sure he wasn't dreaming. He gave me a look like 'What the fuck' mixed with 'What the hell'. He opened his mouth to speak, but failed.

"I went to go for a run, when I stiled by pond to get a drink of water when something...well more then someone...and I met her. She only came with a note." Picking up the note, "Love her-Maxine."

He toke the note, I watched as his eyes scanned it over a hundred times. Just reading it over and over. Just then Blue, Jason, James, and Cole come in. Cole came in.

"Awwww. She's sooooooo adorable!" Squealed out of Blue, as he came closer to her. She about opened her eyes and want back to sleep. "Shhh!" I whispered at Blue, I probaly sound like a librarian. Blue ignored me, "Can we keep her? " he asked James. James gives him a look the said something like, 'are you serious'.

"So...Can we Annabel?" I asked.

"That is such a perfect name for her!" Blue whispered.

"You already named her? " Alex asked giving me a cocky smile.

"Of cou-." I shifted as I felt a wave of power rushed at us, even Alex twitched at the power.

"The Elders are here." Cole whispered.

We hurried downstairs as I hold Annabel. We opened the just as they were getting out of there cars. I saw Elder Cann. He had sand Blondel hair with gray peeking out, his eyes were dull, they used to be a beautiful green, like the water as it got darker and darker. The warmth of his eyes weren't there...they were lost when he lost his daughter.

"Elder Kimpler." Cann said clearing his throat.

"Elder Cann." Cole said, they shamed hands. Cann's eyes looked at me and Annabel.

"Ah. Kimpler this must be your beautiful mate and -" before Elder Cann could answer Cole said, "And my daughter Annabel." I was...shocked.

I heard Cameron go "Aubrey had a baby?!" Cameron asked Blue. He already had tears glistening in his eyes.

"Yep. Nature's treat." He told her.

She scrunched her face all up, "Is that were babies come from? I came out of a tree?...Did you guys pluck me like an apple??" She rattled on with Blue. His face paled and all the tears that were there a minute go vanished and dried up.

"Cammy...don't worry about it..." James told her. She smiled then skipped off withSammy to go play with Barbies or something...

"So are we ready to investagate?" Cann asked.