25

****Aubrey***

Cole and I got separated through the whole mess, mostly because well he’s an Elder meaning he also had to interview them. I wonder if they will have good cop and bad cop? I got separated with Elder Ellis. He was actually a nice Elder, he was the second youngest of the Elders, at the age 34. Still he was nice. As I sat in the cold metal chair.

“Elder Ellis.”

“Please call me Martin.” He told me. He grabbed a file, paper thin. He scratches his chin, “Miss. Amber, yes?” he asked me, I nodded at him, he continued. “You were a member of this pack? Before you with Alex’s pack?” I laughed as he talked about ‘this pack’.

“Sir you have it all wrong.”

“I am? But it says-” he asked, confused.

“A pack? Is a place where you are felt loved, and you are cared for…” I said, “This place, is no god damn pack. A pack doesn’t blame you for a rouge killing that happened when you were six. A pack, including ‘your loving siblings’, don’t hit you. And your mate doesn’t reject you, physically abuse you, then kick you out.” Hot, angry tears threat to fall.

“Is…Your mate? Eric?” He asked.

“My true mate. But not my mate. He rejected me…then well you know the rest. I found Cole. He’s my mate. And I…I have a daughter.” That brought a smile to my face. Just thinking about her…Julie was watching her as I went through this mess.

“You and Cole had a daughter?” he asked.

“No, I found her in the woods…”

He was silent. He took a piece of paper and a pen. “This…form is the Abuse Pack form. Write your name and check off what they did to you…while your doing this, I’ll get you the adoption papers.” He nodded at a guard, exiting and going, somewhere I don’t know.

Looking down on the paper, it looked like the papers at the doctors. Asks for you name and all. Expect when you get down to the check boxes, you check off what your pack has done to you:

Has your pack done the following things…

Hit

Punch

Kick

Broke a bone

Forced you to do things you didn’t want to do

Others, Please explain.

Oh, I explained. Let’s see, When I was six, my parents got killed by rouges. My Alpha George, blamed me for their deaths (Even though I was six), hit me, then let the rest of the pack give me my worst beating. My brother punched me in the jaw, broke it. My sister kicked me in the gut, and broke my leg with her hands. The pain brought me to black out then in to the hospital for a week. After that Alpha George gave me up as the Pack’s Slave, for the last ten years. I listed all the beatings I have gotten the last 10 Years, I was about to start my 10 page, each one of each year. But they stopped me.

“…That’s enough, we’ve got all of the evidence.” He said.

“So what’s going to happen?” I asked.

“Well..” he said, skimming through the papers, he looked worried with all of this, “most likely either Eric is going to lose his Alpha title and be suspended from being Alpha for a while or both the Alpha, Beta, and the Third-In-Command will lose their titles and be suspended.” he finished.

“..And the pack?” I asked.

“We will have a well respect, maybe young Alpha take the title and pick their own Beta and Third-In-Command.” He responded. “Oh, and before I forget Elder Ellis wanted me to give you these…he have Cole some to sign, too.” He handed me some paper’s, on the top saying, Adoption. “These are the adoption paper’s for…Annabel.”