Chapter Twenty-One: He needs medical attention

The men and women surrounding the Captain and the Titan shifter began to close in on them slowly, but they stopped after Levi tried to take a step.

" Not so fast, Captain Levi." One of the cloaked figures took a confident step forward and halted Levi by raising his hand.

" What do you want from me?" Levi emphasized the word 'me' intentionally. 

" If you are willing to cooperate, we'll let you go, so here are the terms. You hand over Scouting Cadet Eren Jaeger to us, allowing us to hand him over to the Military Police for further experimentation and later executed. If you refuse, however, we will have no choice but to take him by force and turn you in in his place for your crimes in the underground city." Levi was shocked to hear this person speak about his past life.

Levi looked at the figure in disbelief then hummed in amusement. ' These sons of bitches just aren't going to let me off the hook, unless I use his wounds to my benefit. Well time to go back to acting again.' Levi thought as he came up with a convincing plan. Levi took another step forward, again being encircled by the group even more, and crouched down to look at the teen's unconscious sleeping face. He looked so peaceful, almost too peaceful, but it was enough to make the man looking at him want to disturb him from his slumber to 'play' with him all night long.

" I'll hand him over, but you guys have to help me out here. He's not well, no where near being fine. He needs help immediately! One of you can check him if you don't believe me! Please, he needs medical attention!" The cloaked figures lowered their swords a bit and looked at each other.

Eventually one of them walked up to the couple, and crouched over the boy. They lowered the boy's cloak to see marks around his neck indicating that he had been strangled into unconsciousness, and while looking at his neck their eyes caught hold of the bite wound that was on his shoulder. Levi had to act like he was worried to death over him and on the verge on tears, and luckily due to the rain it made that part much easier.

" When I found him lying on the floor I noticed that he had cuts in his wrists, thank god they weren't freshly made. Here, see?" Levi picked up one of the boy's arms and pulled back the sleeve to reveal the cuts that have yet to heal.

It seemed as if the figure couldn't handle the wounds inflicted upon the boy and covered their mouth with their hand. They stood up and nodded towards two others, and they came over to pick the boy up, dropping the bag that was hidden underneath the boy's cloak. They turned to see what had fell, and looked back at Levi suspiciously.

" It has letters that were addressed to him when he went missing, so his friends wrote to him and gave me the letters to give to him when he came back or if I found him. If you don't believe me then you can take it and check yourself." Levi handed the bag towards one of them but they didn't take it.

" There's no need, you've been very cooperative concerning Eren Jaeger's condition. We will take your word on the contents inside the bag, but if my subordinates feel like they want to check then they will. Right, you two take Eren Jaeger to the infirmary now! Captain Levi, Sir, I do apologize for the inconvenience. You may stay with him as he recovers."

" Thank you very much" Levi bowed his head to the figure and watched them come to him to carry Eren away to the infirmary, so he snapped his head up to look at the figure, " May I carry him there? I can't really let him out of my sight as I am still watching over him."

The figure looked back at him and brought their hand to the back of their neck, sighing softly, " Very well, but these two will walk on either side of you as we go, as you are still under suspicion." The figure mumbled the last bit to himself, but it still went through to Levi.

Levi was shocked by what the figure had said, ' Under suspicion? For what? ' He would have to find out after the boy wakes up from his coma. They walked onward to the infirmary, the Captain carrying the unconscious boy in his arms with two cloaked figures on either side of him. He was worried about what would happen if Eren ran away, after all his 'training' with him, and he didn't want the boy to feel what he was feeling either, but what really caught his attention was what the figure said to him before they started their way for the infirmary.

' Very well, but these two will walk on either side of you as we go, as you are still under suspicion. '

He didn't know how they would know about the situation between him and Eren, if that's what they meant, but then again it could be something else entirely. Or maybe he was just over thinking it. Levi didn't notice his grip on the boy in his arms had tightened to the point where he could cut off all circulation through the boy's arm. He ignored the action and continued to walk with the group to the infirmary.

Once they got there, the nurses in the place were so worried about what might of happened to the boy. They directed Levi to where Eren would be resting, and he laid the boy onto the bed, moving his bangs out of his face and tucking his hair behind his ear when no one was looking. The man quickly landed a kiss on the boy's forehead, again making sure no one was watching them, and sat himself down into a chair one of the nurses brought over for him.

The nurse came back to do a check up on the boy in the bed, and gasped when she saw the cuts Levi had inflicted, but when she continued to check his body, Levi saw more than just those he had made. Eren had cuts, scrapes, bruises, stabs, and his body wasn't at all that built as the man had remembered. At some point he had stood up to see the injuries, and the sight was enough to make the man fall to his knees beside the bed, looking back and forth between the boy and the injuries.

" I'm sorry, Sir, he's in a very critical state, and these are only what's showing on the surface. Who knows if he might have internal damage as well. The only way for us to find out is if we conduct surgery on him, but we'll need your permis-"

" Do it."

" Sir?"

" Just make sure he's alive after it's done. Please, for the sake of his friends, I don't want them to suffer what I did. Believe me, I know what it's like to lose a loved one, or close friend."

" Understood Sir."

The nurse left him with Eren as she went off to get a doctor and the rest of her nurse team and the equipment needed to perform surgery on the boy. Levi, still on his knees on the floor, took his hand and clasped the boy's, looking at his face the entire time. ' What's wrong with me? I threw away my reason, my sanity, and it's still coming back?! ' The man quickly let go of Eren's hand as another nurse came by and put a respiratory mask on the teen, allowing him to breathe better.

" Please come back to us alive." It was the last thing Levi had told Eren and himself before he left to go to his room, where he threw his chair around the room in anger, confusion, and despair.

AN: IDK this is probably crap, or it's not and I'm not giving myself enough credit. What do you think is going to happen? Do you think the surgery will go well? If so, will Eren's mind still be in tact, sane, or will he be the different person he wanted to be? Find out in the next chapter!!! Hope you enjoyed!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...