Chapter Thirty-Six: I'm sorry, Eren...

The moment the knife had contact with Eren's flesh a flash of yellow light followed by a shade of green struck the boy, and then a Titan formed right before Levi and Erwin. Everyone else inside soon came outside to see what was going on, including Eren's friends. Krista saw Eren in his Titan form and covered her mouth in shock, her eyes wide open and mouth agape under her hands. The rest of the group stood there looking at Eren blankly like it wasn't a big surprise, and when Krista saw them like that she snapped.

" You really are horrible people, Eren has been there for us in our most important times of need, so why can't we return the favor?! I don't know about you but I'm helping him, so don't try to stop me if you don't care about his well being!" The girl ran off back inside to get ODM gear, and two pairs at that.

She came back outside and ran past everyone who were still standing there, watching her run up to the Captain, " I figured you would need this, Captain. Sir, do you think we can save him?"

" I don't know, but I sure as hell am going to try. What about the rest of them? Aren't they going to help their friend?" Levi pointed to the group with his knife, and realized he still had it out so he put it away.

" They're not, because ever since they found out about you with him and them him messing around with Jean, Mikasa and I, and then the Commander they don't want to be part of anything with him."

Levi couldn't believe they found out, but he was filled with rage when he heard that they weren't going to help their friend out because of that. Once he finished putting on his gear he walked over to the group, pulling out a blade as he walked, and stopped right in front of Jean.

" Let me tell you something, Cadets! You see him? Eren. Well do you see anyone trying to help him? No? Well that's because no one really understands what's going here! So move your asses, put your gear on and help us! That's an order!"

Jean was smirking while not making eye contact the whole time until he heard the Captain's order. When the teen turned to look at the shorter man he saw his back to him along with Krista's, he turned back to look at the rest of the gang and saw their backs as well. ' Everything's gone to shit! Why do we have to help out someone like that? ' Jean thought as he turned around to go get his gear.

Levi ran towards Eren with Krista along side of him, hoping that if he brought her the teen would snap out of it. When the Titan caught sight of them in the corner of his eye he immediately went after Levi. Both Krista and the man avoided him by grappling onto the nearest tree, Levi gritting his teeth and eyes wide, while Krista grappled onto Eren's neck.

" NO!!! Don't do it!!! He'll grab you before you make it!!!" Levi warned, and like he said Eren grabbed Krista and brought her to his face, " Damn it!" Levi cursed to himself as he grappled onto Eren's neck.

Hearing the girl's scream was unbearable, and finally everyone started to take action, but about half of them ended up dying to his accord. Krista continued to scream from the pain of being crushed in the Titan's hands, but she was soon released from that pain due to Levi cutting Eren's hands off from the wrists. Eren let out a loud and unbearable screech from the action taken to save the girl, and thanks to Erwin finally getting involved he caught the girl in the air before she could hit the ground. The Captain shot a grapple hook onto the Titan's face and landed on his nose, grabbing hold of Eren's hair for support. Everyone froze and stopped doing what they were doing, astounded by what Levi was doing.

" Get away from him now, Levi!!! You're giving him a chance to eat you!!! It's an order!!!" Commander Erwin shouted for he wasn't going to lose his best solider.

" If I don't do it then he won't listen to what I have to say! Besides, I have no intention on letting you eat me, Eren." Levi however wasn't going to follow his order, and he wasn't going to give up on Eren, his lover.

Just like the Commander had predicted, Eren had tilted his head back and opened his mouth, but Levi took the opportunity to pierce Eren's tongue with his blade into his jaw. Everyone moved into action again but were halted by Levi's order. Levi stood with one foot on the Titan's top jaw and the other on the bottom, resting an arm on his leg and looking straight into his lover's eyes. He was heartbroken, after hearing what Krista had said about him messing around with other people, but that wasn't going to stop him from helping Eren.

The Titan's hands were almost done regenerating and he was already trying to use his tongue to try and push the Captain into his mouth, but proved difficult with the blade piercing through it. 

" Eren... I'm so sorry, for what I did to you and everything else. I shouldn't have let the deaths of our Comrades get in the way in all of this, but because I did I made you worry about me and then all that happened." Levi paused there hoping that Eren would stop trying to eat him, but he wasn't going to stop any time soon, " Eren! I'm sorry! You hear me?! I'M SORRY!!!" 

Everyone looked at each other then back at the Captain in shock to see him showing so much emotion, and Krista pushed herself away from the Commander running to Eren and grappling onto his neck once again. She joined Levi and spoke to the Titan calmly, and to both their surprise the rest of his friends had grappled onto him and were telling him their regrets, except Jean and Mikasa. Armin stood next to Levi and Krista stood on the opposite side of him, and the blonde haired boy asked if everyone would get off of the Titan, except the Captain. They all did and Armin looked closely at his childhood friend's eyes.

" I think what you said might've brought him back, he's not moving or anything, just starring at us with his full attention. If you don't mind, could I speak with him alone?" Armin asked as his focus was on Eren.

Levi looked at him and then his lover and sighed, " I'll be on that tree, if anything goes wrong, I'm cutting him out." He looked over to Armin and pointed to the tree with his other blade, and watched the boy nod in approval.

Levi left the boy with Eren and wiped at the tear that had begun to fall from his eye.

AN: Alright, so Levi's a tad bit mad after hearing had Krista had told him, but he can't really blame him, right?? Anyway. What will happen to Armin when he's by himself with the rouge Eren? Will Eren go back to being human? What will the Commander do now that he told Levi about he did to Eren? Find out in the next and probably final chapter!!! Hope you enjoyed!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...