Chapter Thirty-Eight: What am I seeing?!

Levi saw the sadistic smile Erwin wore on his face and it made him remember what he had done to Eren when he was like that, but he wouldn't let that make him forget that he needs to stay away from Erwin as much as possible. He knew coming here alone would lead to something like this, but he didn't expect it to happen so fast. Levi pushed himself away from the Commander and grabbed for his knife only to find out that it wasn't there, then his eyes squinted from a light touching them. At some point during the time Erwin was in front of him, he had grabbed his knife from him.

" I thought you'd try to use this against an unarmed man. Well then how about we settle this like real men? Let's see if you're still strong without Eren around to support you emotionally." Erwin intentionally made fun of Levi just to rile him up, and surely he got what he wanted.

Levi took his stance position then charged after his Commander to bring a punch to his face, Erwin tried to get back at him but Levi was too quick for him, but he didn't realize that Erwin had grabbed hold of his shirt until he felt a liquid dripping from his nose. The punches kept coming, more and more blood spilling out of the Captain's nose and mouth, and when he started to lose his vision as it was turning black he heard soft and eerie words enter his ears.

" You'll have to replace what we lost today, hope you're ready, Levi." Erwin gave off a chuckle as it had turned into a maniacal laugh.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Eren's friends sat at a table in the dinning hall in silence and not bothering to look at anyone else around them. Armin and Krista sat next to each other, but Krista was using his shoulder to lay on because they came in here after they got back from the whole ' Eren Running Away ' fiasco and she was still crying, so Armin allowed her to lay on his shoulder. It looked like she had calmed down so he looked at her and asked her something.

" Krista, maybe now you can tell us what Eren told you the night of the dance? I'm sure they would like to know as well as I do, and you're the only person Eren told everything to. If you still don't want to then it's okay, just tell us when you can, alright?" Armin gave off a rueful smile to her and looked away.

Jean finally broke the silence of the table by almost yelling at Armin, " What the hell Armin?! Why are you so calm about this whole ordeal?! I don't think any of us want to know the rest of what happened to Eren, we have all that we need from the likes of him." 

" And what makes you think you have all the information needed to decide whether to help him or not?! We don't know the whole story yet and you're going to just bail on him?! He has been there for me and Mikasa countless times, and I know he's helped everyone at this table more than once."

" Who gives a shit about any of that?! Open your eyes, Armin. Eren betrayed us, he hurt us and he used us! Why should we give him another fucking chance?"

Armin quit talking, the last thing was going to do was argue with Jean over the sake of his childhood friend, because he'd use personal reasons for most of his cases. He remained silent and hugged Krista closer to him as she had fallen asleep again but with her eyebrows knitted together as if she were in pain, clenching onto his shirt tightly.

" Guys, Krista knows what Eren has been through, and it's more than obvious that she hasn't been able to sleep because of it. It took a great amount of courage to tell her, but she listened to him and accepted him because of it. We need to do the same for her and Eren, that's all I'm trying to say."

Ymir looked between him and Krista, and sighed, " Guys just hear her out. I don't want Krista to be the only person Eren can trust, or that's just going to cause even more problems for her and us. I wanna hear it." She looked around the table and everyone nodded in agreement.