Sunsets | Aren x Shun

A/N: Their ship name is KuboKai. Fight me.

Requested by ShadowTigerLily

How long has it been since their friendship began? I honestly don't remember. Might as well have to re-watch the whole series, damn.

A Chuunibyou and a former Delinquent. Ahh, those two really. If I can't marry them, they might as well marry each other. That'd be for the best. I don't really get them, since they're kinda crazy, but they treat each other very well. I'm not just saying this because they're best friends. If you would think about it, there's a possibility that they're lovers. But nah! That's crazy talk! Right...?

"Hmm? What's wrong, Aren?"

"Ah, Shun. Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

Let's compare them, shall we?

Kaidou Shun. He has light blue hair and red eyes. He's in Class 2-3 with Saiki Kusuo. He has an eight-grader syndrome and is a chuunibyou from the influence of a third-year. He's a basic idiot but makes an effort to study well and have mommy-approved grades. In his household, his mother takes studying seriously. He's the eldest child of three. One younger sister, one youngest brother.

Kuboyasu Aren. His hair was dyed dark violet just recently and he has black eyes. He's in Class 2-3 with Saiki Kusuo. He's a former delinquent but he's trying to start over. Saiki and Shun are two of the only people who know of his secret and his scars that he tried to hide. They met Aren's father, Kuboyasu Rean, one time. He's not as much of an idiot as Shun. Fair and acceptable grades. Most of the time, he goes to Shun's house to study together.

"By the way, remember when we got our motorcycle licenses?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well...a friend of mine gave me a brand new motorcycle as a gift."

"Really? Good for you, Aren!"

"The thing is...it was delivered to your house just earlier."

That motorcycle was a parting gift from Aren's friend. It was mistakenly delivered to Shun's house during that afternoon. Later that day, the two finally explained to Shun's mom that the motorcycle was actually Aren's.

"Since it's finally summer break, you wanna go for a ride?"

They made sure that they had their helmets on before riding off to the goddamn sunset.

"S-Slow down, Aren!"

"I can't hear you but you better hold on tight!"

It was like a race with the wind. Aren always rides fast, especially back during his delinquent days. He almost forgot he was riding with a fragile boy. The said boy wrapped his arms around Aren, tears almost spilling out. With Shun nearly squeezing the life out of him, Aren decides to stop along the road. They sat on the nearby cliff, enjoying the goddamn sunset.

"Sorry if I was too fast."

"It's alright, I'm fi-"

Shun pukes. Poor boy.

"Sorry again."

"Sorry too."

The two best friends took in the breathtaking view of the goddamn sunset. They went home when the sky started to darken. Aren turned on his motor's headlight before they set off. This time, Shun had secured his arms around Aren's waist. Although it was dark, you'd probably see the former delinquent's bright red blush.

"Thanks for the ride, Aren. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah...tomorrow."

"Good night."

"Night."

Aren and Shun definitely look forward to tomorrow.

The End.

A/N: I ship it so much...