Chapter 22: She left

(Jimin's POV)

I walk back into the warmth of my house with a smile on my face, expecting to give Y/N a long and passionate kiss upon her lips, but she isn't here. As I feel the warmth of the atmosphere around me - it was strangely cold. Furrowing my eyebrows, I roam around the kitchen and walk up to our room.

No one.

I open the closet and only see my clothes. Please - don't tell me she left. I run back down to the kitchen and look on the island. There is a piece of paper lying, untouched. With trembling hands, I pick it up and start to read:

Dear Jimin,

I know you would've searched the entire house by now - looking for me. For that, I want to apologize.

I'm sorry I left you unexpectedly. My lips wouldn't say the words, even if I tried. And, I knew you wouldn't be able to bear the cruel goodbye.

I know you love me.

You know I love you.

But, I had to leave. I had no choice. If I stay with you, I know you and I will both get hurt one way or another. Although Taehyung is in jail right now, he will come back.

And I can't risk your life. I can't tell you where I'm going because I know you'll follow me. I'm sorry Jimin, but what I'm doing is the best for us. I hope you understand. I just wanted to say I'm not doing this because I don't like you anymore.

How can I ever stop loving my husband? I love my life because it gave me you. I love you because you are my life. The moments I've had you, I will never forget them. I will never forget you. I have thought about this time and time again. How you will be without me. Promises that are yet to be fulfilled. I want you to be happy, Jimin.

While I'm away. Please, don't cry. I'll miss you so much. You're the only best thing that had happened to me, and you will continue to be until the day I die. I love you, Jimin. Never forget that.

- Y/N

Tears well up in my eyes as I see a few dried spots that looked like they were wet before. She definitely cried. I clutch the paper in my hand as I start releasing the tears that had built up. I fall on to the ground as I continue sobbing. "No, Y/N. Why? Why did you leave? We would've fought Taehyung together. Why? WHY?!" I curl into a ball as my tears wouldn't stop. "Please," my voice cracks, "Come back." I slowly grab my phone and dial Namjoon hyung's number, "Hyung... She left."

. . .

(Third person's POV)

As Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok and Namjoon exit the car, they immediately hear the sound of things breaking and shattering. With worried looks on their faces, they rush inside. There, they see Jimin smashing vases, glasses, throwing chairs around, basically destroying everything in the house.

As they watch in horror, Jimin stomps over to the TV and pushes it down, letting shards of glass shattering everywhere. Jimin pants as he collapses on the ground and gapes at his hands with red eyes.

"It was all my fault," he speaks in a barely audible voice, "If only I had stopped her that day, she would still be here... in my arms, with a beautiful smile on her lips." The 4 boys rush over to Jimin and try to console him.

"I don't even know where she is," Jimin starts sobbing as he looks down. Namjoon opens his mouth to say Y/N's whereabouts, but Hoseok shakes his head. 'Remember our promise,' Hoseok mouths to Namjoon. He silently sighs as he stares at Jimin's broken form. Jimin grabs a shard of glass and slides it across his wrist multiple times. The others stare in shock, seeing the dark red liquid ooze out. "JIMIN! STOP!"