Chapter 23: Long time, no see

(Jimin's POV)

As soon as I finished packing and having a shower to make myself look decent, I walk out of my room while hauling my suitcase behind me. But, I stop as soon as I see Namjoon hyung standing in front of me with a solemn face. "Is something wrong? Am I forgetting something?" I ask as I look around.

I hear Namjoon hyung wearily sighing, "Jimin-ah, you can't just leave like this." I turn around to face him, "Why?" "Y/N left for a reason. And that reason was that she knew Taehyung wanted revenge from her, that's why she left. She knew you would be safe if she was gone. And, that's all she wants right now. Your safety. But, if you're just gonna go out like this, looking for her, what do you think is going to happen?"

I look down as I shrug, "She's gonna be angry at me?" He shakes his head, "Yes and no. Yes, because she will definitely be angry at you. No, because... it will expose you to Taehyung. If he finds you, he'll use you as bait to get to Y/N. You are her weakness, everyone knows that. You won't be able to do anything if he kills you. You won't be able to protect Y/N, neither will she. Jimin-ah, listen for once."

"I'm sorry, hyung. But, I can't live without her. She is the source of my happiness. Haven't you seen the caveman I looked like this past year?" Namjoon hyung purses his lips as he tries to hold his smile in, "Caveman? Well, to be honest, you looked even uglier than a caveman." "Hyung," I whine with a pout.

"Okay, okay, sorry," he apologizes, "If it really means so much to you, then go to LA to get your girl." I smile as I follow Namjoon hyung down the stairs and into the living room. "Hoseok hyung, can you please drop me off at the airport?" I ask. Hoseok hyung looks at me, "Why?"

"I'm going to LA to go to Y/N."

Hoseok hyung goggles at Namjoon hyung who pretends to be deep in reading a book. Namjoon hyung looks up, pretending to be completely oblivious to what we're talking about, "What? Did I do something wrong?" "Yes," Hoseok hyung answers, "You disobeyed Y/N's direct orders." "What?" Namjoon hyung exclaims, "Don't tell me you didn't feel sad for the poor thing the past year." Hoseok hyung sighs as he slowly stands up and walks out to his car. I flash a smile toward Namjoon hyung and follow Hoseok hyung.

. . .

As I wait for the boarding gates to open, I take out my phone and contact Y/N's Mum. "Hello?" I hear her voice from the other end. "Hello, Mother-in-law," I answer. "Oh, Jimin!" She exclaims with happiness, "How have you been? It's been 1 year. I don't know how Y/N has lasted without you. She tells you had an important business trip to attend and that it will take a long time. How was your business trip, Jimin?" 

I fold my eyebrows in confusion. Oh, Y/N probably lied to her parents to prevent them from worrying too much. "Oh, um, i-it was fine. Just a-a bit boring," I lied. "That's great," she says. "Um, Mother-in-law, I have a favor to ask. I'm coming to LA, but I don't know where you live. So, it will be really helpful if you text me the address," I say with a slight smile which she could not see. 

"Oh, I can send someone over for you," she offers. "No, no, it's fine. I can come with a rental car," I say, "And one more thing. Please, don't tell Y/N. I want it to be a surprise." "Okay, son-in-law," she answers and hangs up. I free a sigh as I turn my phone off and put it back into my pocket. 

Not long after, a message passes by, "All passengers boarding flight _____ please head to the boarding gates now. All passengers boarding flight _____ please head to the boarding gates now." I stand up from my seat and walk to the boarding gate where people had already started to line up. 

Once I show them my ticket, I walk into the plane and sit down in my seat. I buckle in my seat-belt and look out the window. Finally, I'll be able to see Y/N again. I don't care what she is going to say. All I want is to feel her body in my arms, her lips on mine. That's all I want.

. . .

Once the plane had arrived, I walk out and go to the bag pick-up area. As soon as I see my bag, I grasp it and wander out to the car rental place. I finish all the regulations and everything, I sit in the car. I turn on my GPS and type in Y/N's address. 

With that, I start driving away. "You have reached your destination," comes out a voice from my phone and I look at the house in front of me. I turn off the car, step out, grab my bag, and walk into the area. I stop in front of a window as I see Y/N, with a guy. They were smiling and attacking each other with tickles. 

My eyes fill up with tears as I watch what happens in front of my eyes. She... has already found someone else. I swallow away the tears and knock on the door. After a couple of seconds, the door opens. There she stood, looking more beautiful than ever with her eyes slightly widened. I flash her a small smile, "Long time, no see."

. . .

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry if this chapter was shorter than usual, but, I hope you enjoyed it. And guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING BOOK 2 REACH #39 in #korea, #49 in #idol and #103 in #âu . I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! You cannot imagine how happy it makes me. No matter how many times I say it, it will not be enough. I love you guys and I will continue to do so. Ugh, I'M SO HAPPY!!!!