Chapter 9 Day after Day

Let's have a recap of the lessons we've learn these past days:

1. Moving on is a choice and not an option

2. Moving on is a process and you must be fully committed to it. It requires a strong will and heart

3. Face the situation. Go on a FIGHT mode.

4. No ifs, buts, whys and rebound

5. Befriend the pain – accept, embrace and believe.

Probably you might be asking, what is the need for a recap? It is because you need to remind yourself of these things every day. Moving on is not an overnight endeavor. For total healing to take place, it requires 6 months to 1 year. If moving on goes beyond a year then you are not really moving on. Probably, you are missing the whole point of the process that is why you got stuck on the process and not having any progress. At any rate, a progress is still a progress.

Also, I want to negate the so called 'three-month rule'. Why is there a need to rush things up that after the third month and that you can date already? Are we trying to catch a quota? By the way, who made that rule? Was there an international gathering of bitter people who agreed upon it? Or is it a byproduct of Popoy and Basha in the movie One More Chance? Probably it may or may not apply to some but give yourself a time at least six month to fully heal. Settle things first with yourself and make sure that you are totally emotionally detached to your ex. Give yourself some 'me time' first so that you may know and plan what will be your priorities.

Give yourself six months to one year to heal. You are just in the middle of the healing process and don't try to fast forward anything. Take the healing process one step at a time so that we may get the end result of it. Let us not artificially hasten the process for anything that is hastened doesn't give a satisfactory outcome that we desire. Be like a mango fruit in a mango tree. Through patience you will be ripen and will become sweet in the end. Patience is the key on this stage for the process is long and arduous. You must have the courage in doing this every day for we cannot skip the process. No let's do it now and let's do it right. Gather your strength and muster your courage.

Bible Verse of the day:

James 1: 2 – 9

2 Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials,

3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

4 And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it.

6 But he should ask in faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed about by the wind.

7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord,

8 since he is a man of two minds, unstable in all his ways.

9 The brother in lowly circumstances should take pride in his high standing,