INK2-3

Epilogue Three: Another Jealousy? (Part One)

Three months have passed and I am already bored staying in the house. Irie-kun really forbids me to go outside alone and he does rarely take me to any place because he was focusing on his work. I don't know why he was taking overloading shifts and overtime, leaving his wife alone!

Well, thanks to Oka-san... she has always been there to share with me her own experience as a mother. I still remember Irie-kun used to be a girl when he was a child. It must be so fun if I saw him grow like that.

"Ne... Irie-kun!" I asked, fondling my tummy.

Since I am five months pregnant, my tummy is quite big and so, I am wearing oversized t-shirts and pajamas.

He was reading his book at the study table but he answered a short reply, not taking a look at me. I went onto his side and grasped his arm, nagging him.

"Irie-kun!" I called him again.

"What is it, Kotoko?" he asked, his eyes are still reading the book.

Huh! It is really more important to him to finish the book than to give his wife a time? Did I lose my worth to him, now that I am pregnant?

"I'm bored already! I miss the sun!" I exclaimed still nagging his arm.

"The sun is not dying. It has billions of years to count before turning itself a white dwarf." he lazily answered.

"That is what I am saying!" I screamed and start moving from side to side, making him put down his book on the desk.

"I've been here for three months! And you won't let me work! Do you know how I miss the hospital, already? My patients probably missed me! I miss my friends too... Jinko, Satomi, Keita, Tomoko, Moto-chan, and Marina. Even Funatsu-kun! I have never heard of them. They rarely visit me. I am so sad."

"I'm sure your patients are happy now that you took your pregnancy leave."

"I've spent here for months already but I feel like it was already billion years old! I have never seen sunlight again! You put me on a cage that I cannot escape!"

"Mattaku, you are really incredible," he said leaning his cheeks on his hand while looking at me.

"W-what does it mean?" I asked, not sure what he meant.

"I'm doing this for your safety. Well, since I can't stop you to work, I can't help it."

"Really?" my smile reached my ears until my cheeks hurt.

I immediately gave him a tight hug and he scolded me for doing it. He's just concerned for the baby in my tummy.

"Ne... Irie-kun, did you wonder about the gender of our baby?" I asked still hugging him.

"I don't care. As long as the baby is ours, it won't matter to me. Why do you ask?"

Nani? He doesn't care? He doesn't care if the baby is a girl or a boy? I am the only one who is into this? Doesn't Irie-kun aspire in becoming a father?

"Um...I am thinking of names, lately. I wonder if it was a girl or a boy but if it's a girl... how about we named her Kotoko? What do you think?"

"Whenever I hear your name, it reminds me how stupid you are. I don't want another stupid in our family," he said.

"Irie-kun, you meanie!" I slightly punched him on his chest but he just gave me a tiny teeny smile.