INK3-39

Epilogue Thirty-Nine: Happy Birthday Kotomi (Part Three)

And we looked at each other, possibly the electricity was flowing right between our stares. I was the one who first gave up. And the alarm beeped. She got off on top of me. "Oh! I'm going to be late! I need to see the wedding gown organizer right now!" she exclaimed... having that kind of face like she was looking forward to it. "Oh my gosh! I can't wait to wear glittery dresses!" and she immediately got out of the door before I could grab her hand.

Taking a long sigh, when it slipped again.

I nodded, guess I'll have it this way. Yuki's wedding plans planned by them were unstoppable like it was bind with fate... tied perfectly with strong chains. Mom was so desperate... she was spending so much money on this more than what she spent on her wedding day. I couldn't stop but wonder if my dad has never spoiled my mom with her wedding dreams because it seemed like she was doing it to us like she didn't have the chance to do it to her self. I was wondering if that happened before. Then if that so, Dad had probably ruined my mom's dreams.

The door has opened again. Kotoko came back. My face lightened up a bit when I saw she was coming her way again to me. Yappari, she won't take my offer down. She loves the idea of having a date with me and it was once in a lifetime for me to offer it in front of her fantasies that she has been dreaming all her life, I have hopes she won't turn it down. That's the power of her love for me.

"Irie-kun!" she squealed like she was still in her teenage years. I opened my arms because I knew she would come and hug me. "You won't turn down my offer, do you?" I smiled.

"Oh. I forgot to list down the costs of Yuki and Konomi's wedding! Mom told me to sum it up before I give it to the wedding organizer!" she gasped and fumbled her way down to find something in the drawer. I watched her back, putting my hands down, looking so astounded as she turned my offer down.

Did she just got blinded by the idea of the wedding than to have a date with me?

"You sometimes surprise the hell out of me." I hissed at my self, probably realizing that I can't beat her power... and asking what kind of love does she have for me.

Well, never mind. I had a little expectation about this. I knew she would turn my offer down and she wouldn't like how I lead the date. But at least, I'm better than Funatsu when it comes to planning about the date. Oh, I forgot, this was urgent.

"Oh. I should be able to do all of this in just a day! We need to be productive every day since the wedding is fast approaching!" she held the note against her chest and she looked at the ceiling happily with the same vexing grin that she would put on her face when she has ridiculous schemes on her mind.

I stood up as I made another idea. And she was looking like a statue while daydreaming again. I waved a hand at her face but she still didn't flinch. What the hell. This is Kotoko I am facing right now. I knocked her head, already irritated that she was so immersed in her kind of imagination... and she did ignore me for several times.

I don't know what to say to her while I am this frustrated.

"Kotoko!" I gripped her shoulders down. And I'm glad that she was back in the reality once again, "I-irie-kun?" she flickered her eyes, having no idea that she drives me as crazy as this. "Are you turning down my offer?" I asked her that question again. If I hadn't made any promise with Yuki, then I wouldn't have forced myself to think silly ideas like this. "What kind of offer? Ah!" and I heard a click above her head, "Do you want to help me prepare the things for their wedding? I would love to take your help too! You know, I have so many things to do for this day and I need to finish all of them before the day breaks so... please! Help me, Irie-kun! I know you look forward to this too! And soushite... I want you to carry all the stuff I need to prepare Kotomi's birthday on the way. It's a hassle for me to take the takushi alone."