One Shot-3

One Shot:Goodbye

"Are you really leaving tomorrow, Irie-kun?" Kotoko watched me while I'm packing my things. I took a family picture of us and slipped it in my wallet.

I am going to miss them.

"I have to and there's no time. We have to come out a cure. The virus is fastly spreading worldwide. Having lockdowns in most of the countries might not hold out for months. The people have to find food, sooner or later there will be no enough supplies for everyone. The economy at this state is fluctuating,"

"I believe in you, Irie-kun. I have to endure this... being away with you. Just so you know that I will be always cheering for you. So please remember that,"

"I know, I know... more than anyone."

And she hugged me from behind. "Can I be selfish for a while? Can we spend the night together? I don't mean that... I want us to have more conversation... more memories, I think."

"I told you to practice social distancing," I turned around and looked at her. I'm gonna miss my wife. I also wanted to have memories of here so that I could look into when things get hard. I snaked my arms on her waist. "You have to wear a mask and please always wash your hand. Don't be sick. Please. And watch the children."

She nodded, "I am not be coming with you so please take good care of yourself too. If there's a another woman, ignore her. And don't cheat on me. I will not call frequently. I know you have to focus, you'll get busy."

"Woman? In this crisis? Still doubting me?"

"I don't trust women. Like me, they will get attracted to you."

"Okay. I promised." I kissed her forehead.

"I know we will be in this situation that's why I became a nurse to support you in your profession. We can do this, we can kick that virus out of this Earth! When you'll discover the cure... people will start to recognize you. The virus will even salute you."

"Thanks for everything, Kotoko." I said out of the blue.

She blushed, "Why are you saying that?"

"I don't know but I love you all this time," and it will take a long time to express how I feel since I don't know when I will be back. She smiled, "I love you too..."

"So are you suggesting that we should make memories before I will leave?" and I pushed us into the bed. "Yes, we can hug all night. Too bad, I'm also going to miss this clumsy wife."

The discovery of cure will take years depending on the process but I am going to make sure that I will come back to my family soon.