The Grand Finale Pt. 5

The Grand Final Pt. 5: What is the ending?

I am indeed used to these crazy changes in schedules but it affects my health. My life as a doctor, is not that simple, though I was proclaimed a genius, I still struggle to have my own time. And it's quite frustrating to go on over choosing which one to do first because I pledged myself to choose my profession. But sometimes, when I look at Kotoko, who is still trying to catch up, still do the same messy things, I can't help but smile. It helps me to overcome these crazy cope-ups. And yes, she is the source of my power, the reason why I am doing this... and I love how she drives me to be like this.

When I am with her, I feel so strong and powerful. I still remember those times when we were both lying on the same bed, during Yuki's hospitalization, her ideas... everything that she has seen in me that I will never realize until she told me that I should become a doctor, that no one will stop me from doing it.

Well, now that I have become one, she made me this person, the person who I am today, she never let anyone stop my way. Though she feels dejected about it but... I love it when she tried to understand me and thought of things that it's best for me. And now, realizing all of that, I love her. In the bottom place of my heart, she occupies it. And I don't care how people think of her as my wife but I am confident and yes, proud that I chased her and proposed to her. For me, she's the wife that I need. And yes, that's why I am so overly contented with my life right now.

Looking back to all the ups and downs that have entered our life, I gained the fruits of all the sacrifices. Me, though always come home late, I never forget to check up my four children, sometimes doing their home works, always fighting... doing messy things, or sometimes sleeping around the floor, with crayon on their hands.

And yes... it's all worth the sacrifices. I have never been so happy in my entire life... and because of that, I welcomed myself with new stages of confusion, complexities because I know we can withstand it. Because I have them.

"Papa! We got no dinner!" Mi-chan yelled in the kitchen. I unfolded the medical news in the living room and I nodded, "As expected." The two boys are running in front of me, hauling their toy trucks that made noisy scratches on the floor. Hanami just played her dolls quietly beside me. Kotoko came running beside me with her worried look, "Irie-kun! Let me do it again! I know I can perfect it! I know how to cook the beef storhuise..." and yes, for years have been passed, she can't pronounce the word properly. I looked at her with disgust, but hey, I just want to tease her. Every kind of emotion I see on her face is very enchanting. And it's my nature to tease her since in the beginning.

"It's nine pm, Kotoko. Are you really planning to make the kids hungry?" I asked her. She just bit her lip, "It's nine pm? It's past dinner... but..." she moved away from me. I looked at her still holding the spatula and her ever the same pink polka dots apron. "Let's order," I said. Her face brightened. "Pizza!" I knocked on her head, "That's not good for the children. You always spoiled them with pizzas." I said.

I stood up and took a breath, "When would you master it? We can't order forever." I hissed and put the medical news back on the table. I looked at her and she held her head on me, still having that apologetic look that makes me want to give in. "I will try to make something," I said. But she stopped me, "No, no, no! You just had your break! You should relax! I know how messy the hospital is right now, and it's your first time to go home early! You should relax like you're riding a plane. Leave everything to me. Mi-chan is trying to make something in the kitchen so you don't have to do anything, Irie-kun."