INK3-36

Epilogue Thirty-Six: The Warmth of The Love (One Part)

I just can't get over about what had just happened. It may seem that I sound too exaggerated but I'm not lying... not even to myself, that it had killed me, and I'm glad that I could react like this. I caressed the back of her head while she's still sobbing on my chest. I think that's all I could do now.

But... what if... what if Kotoko got an accident? What if Kotoko didn't manage to make her way out of it? She really doesn't know how to drive...

I pulled her away from me. It was a soft gentle on her shoulders. I looked down, just to level her face, my eyes searched hers, and she still squints while tears are all over her face. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" I asked her, my voice cracked and I can't stop from sighing heavily. She nodded, "I w-was just terrified. Your voice really scared the hell out of me. I admit I was wrong and stupid. I should have thought something else other than to drive recklessly. Irie-kun... I was scared! W-what if I really got them into an accident?" she cried again. Fuck... her crying is endless, I want to stop her from crying but that won't allow me to. Of course, it must have been a shock to all of us.

I traced the faint bruising on her lips, around her eyes. "Shh... daijoubou dakara. Shimpai shinai yo. It's alright, they are safe now. You should have been relief about that." I told her as I wiped the tears that kept flowing on her cheeks. "Let's go inside." I whispered to her neck when she threw me another hug, "I thought I would never see you again..." there... she said it again. I smiled at her back, that kind of smile that was mixed of joy and I said to my mind, "Me too,"

.

.

.

.

.

Kinnosuke rushed into the hospital without changing his clothes. He was wearing his chef uniform and his hat... and he was holding a knife in his right hand. Violent is his thing, so he had gone roaming around while calling his wife's name. "Chris? Doku ni iru?!" he called, the nurse was shocked at his attitude, though it may seem that he has someone to kill because of the weapon he was carrying. "Chris?! Where are you?!" he called her again, this time it was louder and more aggressive. He pulled one of the male nurses, he pinned him to the wall, "I heard my wife is laboring our baby right now! Do you know where she is?!" he asked. The male nurse almost turned to violet when he had unconsciously choked him.

"Kinnosuke, yameru!" I came into the scene when I happened to locate his voice in the hallways of the orthopedic section. "Let him go," I commanded. He immediately turned to me with his punk rock face, eyes searching for his wife, he let go of that poor male nurse. "Irie!" he called me and he immediately made a thumping thundering noise as he made his way to me, "Where is Chris?!"

"Please put away the knife first. You scared everyone here." I told him and he peered at his right hand, eyes went into shock that he came here carrying a knife, he put it off, "I'm sorry! When I heard about Kotoko's call, I don't have the time to compose myself. It was my wife on the line!" he told me and I understand that that's what had happened earlier. "It's alright," I answered. "Your wife is in the ward, delivering your baby. If you want to, you can come inside and support her. At least you should be there by her side." and then I remembered that I wasn't on Kotoko's side when she delivered Kotomi. That day was hectic and I didn't have a choice.

He pulled my collar and cried like a selfish boy, "Please say that my Chris is going to be okay!" he asked in command. I returned with a nod, "Of course. She has the strength to carry on. Common, let's go." I pulled him by guiding him to the ward where Chris is right now. "It's such a happy thing to be a Dad, Kinnosuke." I complimented him and waved him a thin smile of hope, "Congrats." and I meant it, I am definitely happy for him.